Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Tti vs sara schneirer
Previous  1  2  3

gold21

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 6:29 am
Sara Shneirer's BA program is NOT only classes unfortunately... it relies quite heavily on CLEP tests as well- it's pretty much a 50/50 mix of classes and CLEPs (which I guess is better than TTI, which is 100 percent CLEPs). SS only offers a certain # of credits through classes, and the rest must be earned through CLEPs. The bottom line is, if u hate CLEPS (which I do- I really enjoy classroom learning and anyway, CLEPs are expensive- I was eligible for financial aid for classes, but CLEPS don't have a financial aid option), neither TTI or SS is the right program for you.

The above only refers to the BA programs- Masters programs does not rely on CLEPs in either program (u cannot CLEP a Masters degree!), so that's a whole different ballgame.

n

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 9:10 pm
Thanks for all your help!!! Was in touch with SS and hoping that might work out for me...any advice still appreciated!!!!

amother
Aubergine

Post Sat, Oct 17 2015, 10:08 pm
Thinking of doing TTI Special Ed but not sure if it's too intense for me, with only Sundays and lots of assignments. Am I better off going to Sara Schnirer which is longer but not so fast paced so I wont be so crazy as I go along??? Will I actually learn more at Sara Schnirer? Did anyone here who attended TTI for their Masters in Special Ed feel that they learned alot in the program?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Oct 17 2015, 10:23 pm
TTI is not intense. Sara Schenirer is very intense.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 6:41 am
So is it correct that TTI you learn less and go for the piece of paper and at
Sara Shnirer you actually learn? People who have done TTi, please weigh in. If I do TTI will I learn??

amazingmommy

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 7:14 am
I went to Tti and have had workmates from Sara schenirer and I felt like the work in Tti was basically the same or more intense b/c it was all crammed in. But we did have a lot of support which Ss didn't have.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 7:49 am
amazingmommy wrote:
I went to Tti and have had workmates from Sara schenirer and I felt like the work in Tti was basically the same or more intense b/c it was all crammed in. But we did have a lot of support which Ss didn't have.

Huh?!? We had tons of support at Sara Schenirer. They walked us step by step all the way through.

Sorry for being so defensive. I didn't realize how passionate I am about this topic. LOL

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 11:47 am
I'm an admin in a school. I find Sara Scheirer to be a more serious program and in general attracts more serious students, which translates to more responsible, competent employees that I want to hire.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics