Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Does it really matter?

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Sep 26 2015, 9:21 pm
Can you tell if a children's place sweater is from 2,3 or 5 years ago? Does it matter? I just got a hand-me-down, and ordered a matching sweater from ebay--will anyone notice? or care? (both in good condition)

HelloG

Post Sat, Sep 26 2015, 9:29 pm
I definitely won't

youngishbear

Post Sat, Sep 26 2015, 9:37 pm
Sweaters tend to be pretty basic.

Maya

Post Sat, Sep 26 2015, 9:40 pm
Of course not.

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Sep 26 2015, 10:19 pm
I once got a pair of hand-me-down childrens place matching sweaters for my boys. They were in great condition and a classy style, so they wore them to shul on Simchas Torah. Someone asked me: Where did you get these sweaters? I said, I got them from my aunt. She's like: Oh, I was wondering because I had them for my boys like 5-6 years ago and I didn't think you could still get them, but they look to be in such good condition so I was wondering if you recently bought them...

I was like shock and then Rolling Eyes

imasoftov

Post Sat, Sep 26 2015, 10:49 pm
Only matters if worn with Venettini shoes

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Sep 27 2015, 3:17 am
My son was wearing a polo shirt from CP that I picked up in a gemach sale, and SEVERAL people that season commented wistfully 'I WISH they still made their shirts like that...they used to be such better quality!...no offense...I'm saying that it's really nice!' (they hadn't first asked me where/when I got it)
And this is in EY lol

Optione

Post Sun, Sep 27 2015, 5:59 am
No!!! I have a CP coat from 3 years ago. I won't let it cross my mind if people will notice

BrachaBatya

Post Sun, Sep 27 2015, 11:11 am
Doesn't matter AT ALL.

sky

Post Sun, Sep 27 2015, 11:25 am
Totally doesn't matter.
I have childrens place stuff that has gone through 2 of my kids and if I have another of the same gender (7 years or 4 years later) I would definitely use it again as long is it wasn't too dated.
It is possible people will notice it is something they sold years ago, but who cares if it is clean and looks nice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics