Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Anyone have the Britax B Ready Stroller?

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 4:12 pm
I'm thinking about getting the Britax B Ready stroller. Does anyone have it?

Do you find it pushes nicely?
Do you find it easy to fold? Could you fold it while holding a baby?
Does it go up and down steps easily or is it super heavy?
Does it feel strong and sturdy?

Anything else I should know?

I live in Israel and have a toddler. I am replacing the City Versa. I like a lot of features of the Versa, but I find it very hard to bump it up steps, don't like the sun canopy (doesn't stay down nicely even after I replaced a part) and I also would prefer a model that isn't discontinued. Someone recommended the Britax B Ready and I wanted to hear more about it!

smss

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 6:18 pm
Do you find it pushes nicely? Yes, awesome push.
Do you find it easy to fold? Could you fold it while holding a baby? It's not difficult to fold, but it is heavy, and you definitely need two hands. Could not do it while holding a baby. With both seats on, it's VERY heavy to lift.
Does it go up and down steps easily or is it super heavy? Way too heavy. Not for steps.
Does it feel strong and sturdy? Yes.

Maybe the B-Agile double?

be good

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 6:42 pm
We have it. I find it to be VERY heavy. I cant easily lift it and put it in my trunk. DH loves it though. It pushes very nicely and the kids like it. I have done it on steps, but its kind of clumsy. I agree with pp's assessment.

miami85

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 11:26 pm
I have it and I LOVE it! Pushes really smoothly, It is designed with a (safety) 2 handed fold, so can't hold a baby--I've done switching the top seat around, holding the baby, but its certainly tricky. I'm able to do pull it up my short set of stairs to get it into my apartment, though I usually ask my older child to get out. I feel it is very sturdy and withstands alot. When doing my research I found that most double strollers are heavy. When used as a single and you take off the top seat it's really not so bad. I love that the 2nd seat just folds into it.

smss

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 11:42 pm
To clarify, bumping it up/down stairs with just 1 kid in is probably going to be ok, but with 2 it can really be heavy. I was scared I was going to drop it or something the one time I tried it.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Jan 15 2016, 3:09 am
OP here.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but I meant using it as a single stroller. (I might add a second seat somewhere down the line, but right now, I have one toddler and am not expecting.)

Are all of the things mentioned above the same when it's a single stroller? Meaning, are the steps hard just when it's a double or is it just overall hard to push up steps?

While we're at it, how is it when it's a double? Do you all have it as a tandem w/ an extra seat? (I like the idea of making a stroller into a double and not buying something separate. It looks like I will be having at least a 2+ age gap and my toddler is already walking pretty well, but still definitely needs a stroller.)

smss

Post Fri, Jan 15 2016, 10:27 am
amother wrote:
OP here.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but I meant using it as a single stroller. (I might add a second seat somewhere down the line, but right now, I have one toddler and am not expecting.)

Are all of the things mentioned above the same when it's a single stroller? Meaning, are the steps hard just when it's a double or is it just overall hard to push up steps?

While we're at it, how is it when it's a double? Do you all have it as a tandem w/ an extra seat? (I like the idea of making a stroller into a double and not buying something separate. It looks like I will be having at least a 2+ age gap and my toddler is already walking pretty well, but still definitely needs a stroller.)

It's definitely harder to do steps with than the B-Agile (or City Mini). Is it worth it? Maybe. You'll get the same hood with the B-Agile. The buckle's the same. You can purchase the belly bar. The B-Ready seat is reversible, which I love for little babies, but don't really care about for toddlers. The B-Ready basket is awesome and would be perfect for shopping in Israel (but I wonder if the stroller would fit through really narrow makolet aisles!).

I bought it because I thought it would be my "only" stroller and I'd just go back and forth from single to double as needed, but in the end I do have a single as well. It's just too heavy and bulky (and takes up too much trunk space) to work for all situations.

amother
Red

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 12:58 pm
smss wrote:
It's definitely harder to do steps with than the B-Agile (or City Mini). Is it worth it? Maybe. You'll get the same hood with the B-Agile. The buckle's the same. You can purchase the belly bar. The B-Ready seat is reversible, which I love for little babies, but don't really care about for toddlers. The B-Ready basket is awesome and would be perfect for shopping in Israel (but I wonder if the stroller would fit through really narrow makolet aisles!).

I bought it because I thought it would be my "only" stroller and I'd just go back and forth from single to double as needed, but in the end I do have a single as well. It's just too heavy and bulky (and takes up too much trunk space) to work for all situations.

I am considering the City Mini. I'm just not crazy over it. I don't like the jogging style. I like the baby to be further up and easier for them to see out. (Not sure if I am being clear.) I don't like them all the way far back. I also think the basket looks small. I'm used to the Versa's basket which is large, but I find, hard to access. I do like the option to switch the seat to parent facing, but that's not my main factor. My toddler still likes parent facing too, although I usually have her facing "the world" b/c I don't feel like entertaining her while I walk unless she's kvethcing.

I currently have a junky umbrella stroller, which I love. I am thinking about replacing the big stroller now b/c I'm going to be getting money from the company be"H and I know if I hold on to the money, I'll end up spending it and when the time comes that I need a new stroller, G-d willing, it will be a big expense. (I don't think I'll be needing a good double stroller either. My toddler already enjoys walking.) Either way, my toddler would still benefit from a full sized stroller.

dancingqueen

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 6:47 pm
As a double, I don't like having one child siting directly under the other but other people have it and they/their kids don't mind.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics