Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Enforcing a zero tolerance policy

bigbird

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 3:40 pm
There are certain behaviours going on in my house by the kids (chutzpah, hitting, to name a couple) that is time to crack down on. I'm talking about kids ranging in age from 2-10.

How do I enforce a zero tolerance policy for these types of behaviours? Obviously, I know I would need to sit them all down and explain what will no longer be acceptable but what sort of consequences do I use to get the message across? I'm yet to think of anything that will make an impression on these kids...?!?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 5:28 pm
Have you read "Parenting with Love and Logic" yet? If not, please do. It will help a LOT.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 9:34 pm
Op you beat me to it! I was just about to post same thing now. I can totally sympathize with you. O feel like I talk to a brick wall, they don't care about anything I say in fact some times they practically gang up against me! I think I am pretty firm and consistent with consequences but they are just not impressed. They listen to my husband but the problem is that he isn't around till late at night. I am totally finished. can't wait to hear some great suggestions... :
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children