Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Clearly, Donald Trump is mentally ill.
Previous  1  2

Jeanette

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 6:14 pm
Squishy wrote:

Because of DT we are having record highs on Wall Street.

Let's take that claim apart for a second. Trump inherited an economy that was a disaster. A disaster, I tell ya! And then, less than a week after the inauguration, wall Street hits record highs. All because of Donald trump! What a miracle worker, with less than a week on the job!

The actual fact is that trump inherited an economy that was in pretty good shape under obama. The measure of a president isn't how the economy is doing at the beginning of his term but at the end of his term.

The funniest is trump claiming during the campaign that the unemoyment figures were BS, but they're not BS now. Even sean spicer couldn't keep a straight face.

I don't think DT is insane. He's a world class propagandist who knows that the bigger and bolder the lie, the more people will believe him. What I can't figure out is how people still trust him.

Jeanette

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 6:15 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
I have to say I do feel sorry for Spicer. Every day he has to stand up to a hand selected group of press and mansplain away the presidents actions and decisions.

I don't feel sorry for him at all. He accepted the job out of his own free will. Clearly he has no more integrity than his boss.

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 6:35 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Let's take that claim apart for a second. Trump inherited an economy that was a disaster. A disaster, I tell ya! And then, less than a week after the inauguration, wall Street hits record highs. All because of Donald trump! What a miracle worker, with less than a week on the job!

The actual fact is that trump inherited an economy that was in pretty good shape under obama. The measure of a president isn't how the economy is doing at the beginning of his term but at the end of his term.

The funniest is trump claiming during the campaign that the unemoyment figures were BS, but they're not BS now. Even sean spicer couldn't keep a straight face.

I don't think DT is insane. He's a world class propagandist who knows that the bigger and bolder the lie, the more people will believe him. What I can't figure out is how people still trust him.

The stock market is a leading indicator of prosperity. It is not a lagging indicator. The record highs are how the future is seen - not the past. You obviously don't understand that PEOPLE INVEST TODAY BECAUSE THEY EXPECT TO MAKE MONEY IN THE FUTURE.

DT taps into the emotions of the masses. 80% want immigration controlled. The big beautiful wall that Mexico was going to pay for resonated with the voters. He is controlling illegal immigration. Voters want safety. He statements from the bully pulpit that we are going to get Isis is what the voters want. His mentioning the stupidity of the previous administration dovetailed with my thoughts on telegraphing our planned attack. I want to live in a prosperous country. I believe DT is good for business. More important is the world believes here is good for business.

BTW, I always thought liberals were missing something. The something seems to be an understanding of economics and policy. You are not the first poster to miss what a record market means. To be sure, liberal policies are kinder much like communism is kinder to the weak.

Jeanette

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 6:49 pm
Squishy wrote:
The stock market is a leading indicator of prosperity. It is not a lagging indicator. The record highs are how the future is seen - not the past. You obviously don't understand that PEOPLE INVEST TODAY BECAUSE THEY EXPECT TO MAKE MONEY IN THE FUTURE.

DT taps into the emotions of the masses. 80% want immigration controlled. The big beautiful wall that Mexico was going to pay for resonated with the voters. He is controlling illegal immigration. Voters want safety. He statements from the bully pulpit that we are going to get Isis is what the voters want. His mentioning the stupidity of the previous administration dovetailed with my thoughts on telegraphing our planned attack. I want to live in a prosperous country. I believe DT is good for business. More important is the world believes here is good for business.

BTW, I always thought liberals were missing something. The something seems to be an understanding of economics and policy. You are not the first poster to miss what a record market means. To be sure, liberal policies are kinder much like communism is kinder to the weak.

The dow had been steadily rising well before the election. I don't think you understand economics very well.

Yes, definitely much kinder to let the weak die off due to loss of Healthcare. As long as stocks keep rising. Silly me for going into the Healthcare profession to help all those weak people instead of investing in stocks. (:sarcasm)

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 6:52 pm
Jeanette wrote:
I don't feel sorry for him at all. He accepted the job out of his own free will. Clearly he has no more integrity than his boss.

Well there is that too. Ok you win, I'll switch to schadenfreude.

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:15 pm
Jeanette wrote:
The dow had been steadily rising well before the election. I don't think you understand economics very well.

Yes, definitely much kinder to let the weak die off due to loss of Healthcare. As long as stocks keep rising. Silly me for going into the Healthcare profession to help all those weak people instead of investing in stocks.

The market was raising last summer in anticipation of getting rid of Obama. Both Clinton and DT promised policies favorable to the economy.

Do you deny people invest for future profits?

What kind of craziness are you posting now about people dying? You sound like one of Trumps tweets.

I don't know what is going to replace Obama care, but I strongly suspect the 24,000,000 will have some form of Medicaid. FTR, I support universal health care for everyone with the federal government paying the bulk rather than county governments paying for it out of property tax.

Also, you do realize there are people in the health care professions who also invest in the market. They are not mutually exclusive. Your choice was never invest in the market or go into health care. It is absurd to state that.

Jeanette

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:31 pm
Squishy wrote:
The market was raising last summer in anticipation of getting rid of Obama. Both Clinton and DT promised policies favorable to the economy.

Do you deny people invest for future profits?

What kind of craziness are you posting now about people dying? You sound like one of Trumps tweets.

I don't know what is going to replace Obama care, but I strongly suspect the 24,000,000 will have some form of Medicaid. FTR, I support universal health care for everyone with the federal government paying the bulk rather than county governments paying for it out of property tax.

Also, you do realize there are people in the health care professions who also invest in the market. They are not mutually exclusive. Your choice was never invest in the market or go into health care. It is absurd to state that.

The market has been on a steady upward trend since 2009.

I support universal health care too. Do you think we're closer to that goal now under trump?

I do believe that liberal policies are kinder overall, not just for the weak but for the economy as a whole. Is that a bad thing in your eyes? Do you think we should NOT aim for policies that are kind to the weak?

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:32 pm
Funny. I find liberals to be mentally ill.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:36 pm
amother wrote:

Rolling Eyes

It's one thing to look at an individual's pattern of behavior. It's quite another to base a diagnosis on political opinion.

treestump

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:37 pm
amother wrote:

Funny. I find all Republicans to be mentally ill.

Does that sound wrong to you? I hope it does, because calling people who have different political views than you mentally ill is a very juvenile way of thinking.

sourstix

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 8:32 pm
Jeanette I hope you get out of the healthcare system now! You are a danger to anyone in your care.

Please go find a different profession.

Jeanette

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 8:34 pm
sourstix wrote:
Jeanette I hope you get out of the healthcare system now! You are a danger to anyone in your care.

Please go find a different profession.

Okay.

What makes you say that?

sourstix

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 8:39 pm
You just posted that it's ok for people to die for a losss of healthcare. Did you not? Your ok for people dying because they can't afford medical insurance?!

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 8:41 pm
sourstix wrote:
You just posted that it's ok for people to die for a losss of healthcare. Did you not? Your ok for people dying because they can't afford medical insurance?!

I think she was being sarcastic...

Jeanette

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 8:42 pm
sourstix wrote:

Tone + context. Important.

sequoia

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 8:45 pm
sourstix wrote:

If you really couldn't tell that was sarcasm, you should get off the internet and go back to second grade, maximum.

fish

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 8:49 pm
Is there anyone thats not a feminist on here and doesnt like DT? I didnt vote but if I did would have voted for DT and I think hes doing a great job. (Dispite the fact that I think he is an arrogant abnoxious person)

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 8:50 pm
Jeanette wrote:
The market has been on a steady upward trend since 2009.

I support universal health care too. Do you think we're closer to that goal now under trump?

I do believe that liberal policies are kinder overall, not just for the weak but for the economy as a whole. Is that a bad thing in your eyes? Do you think we should NOT aim for policies that are kind to the weak?

This in no way negates the fact that it peaked after Trump's election. In other words, it proves nothing. I'm with Squishy on this one.

Jeanette

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 9:04 pm
amother wrote:
This in no way negates the fact that it peaked after Trump's election. In other words, it proves nothing. I'm with Squishy on this one.

Let's say in 2017 a record number of people graduate high school. Is that to DT's credit? Obviously they had to have finished 9th, 10th and 11th grade before his term. Same thing with the dow Jones. It was rising long before DT became president. This is a continuation of a trend that started under obama. Even if you love, love, love Trump's policies or whatever you assume his policies are going to be, you can't credit him for economic changes that happened before he took office.

But this is typical Trump. While obama was in office----disaster!!!! Now that he's in office he can finally acknowledge that things are going well and take the credit for himself. He will never say, wow look what a great job obama did, the economy is in great shape!

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 11:10 pm
treestump wrote:
Funny. I find all Republicans to be mentally ill.

Does that sound wrong to you? I hope it does, because calling people who have different political views than you mentally ill is a very juvenile way of thinking.

It's not about the ideas being different. It's about the ideas being so bad, so impractical and so out of touch with all reality and logic that only a deranged person could support them.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics