Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Would you move?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 6:17 am
For all of mine and my husband's life we have lived in the ny area. We have lots of family here that we are very close to. We have 2 girls in high school and other aged kids too. Now we don't have any specific opportunity, but just wondering if you guys would consider moving OOT if you could improve your financial life. I wonder how traumatic that would be for the high schoolers. Aside from the trauma of leaving what we know and all our family. Any thoughts?

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 6:42 am
I moved to Israel in high school, definitely traumatic, but I came out alright. What types are your daughters?

Iymnok

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 6:49 am
If you would mov while they're in high school, and they are happy where they are, it may be worth it for them to board until they graduate.
Switching high schools can be very tough.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 7:24 am
LovesHashem wrote:
I moved to Israel in high school, definitely traumatic, but I came out alright. What types are your daughters?

Wow thats impressive! My daughters are very social and very happy where they currently are.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 7:39 am
amother wrote:
Wow thats impressive! My daughters are very social and very happy where they currently are.

Might be too hard on them. I think you should speak to your LOR.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 8:33 am
Moving when your girls are in high school will likely be very difficult for them if they are happy where they are.

We moved across the country just before our older son started high school — a much better time because he would have been in a new social milieu with different boys anyway. Sounds like you don't have any actual plans yet, but is there a time that would be less disruptive for your kids?

doctorima

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 10:32 am
Moving is a major upheaval, not just in your lives, but in all of your kids' lives. Obviously there can be circumstances that warrant it, but I don't see anything in your OP that sounds like it's worth the risk. You didn't say that you're drowning in debt and unable to pay your bills, just that OOT your financial life would be improved. If you're coping okay in your current environment, which is all you and your kids have known and also offers the security of family and close friends, I'd stay put for now.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 12:56 pm
I don't see why a move would be described as traumatic. A normal person can take change. Some people take it harder than others but it's not traumatic hopefully.
Op, it also depends on your & DH attitude towards the move. Make it an exciting event.

little_mage

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 2:06 pm
I moved between my junior and senior years of high school. I was rather upset at the time. At the same time, I was 16/17 (I was 16 when my parents told us we were moving, but 17 by the time the move actually went through) and certainly able to understand that moving to a place where my father had a job was preferable to staying where we were with my father unemployed. I would possibly talk to your high schoolers and see what they think. At that age, they're old enough to have at least minor input into such a decision.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating