Home

Liberty Science Center - what age?

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

seeker

Post  Sat, Oct 15 2016, 9:46 pm
Admission is expensive ($18 for children, 22 for adults) so I don't want to go until we'll REALLY appreciate it. Is it over the head of a 4-year-old?

amother

Olive

Post  Sat, Oct 15 2016, 9:54 pm
I made a family membership and went twice so far. I'm hoping to go at least once more this year so I get my moneys worth. My children are 9 and 3. When I decided to go it was more for my 9 year old but my 3 year old also had fun and they have one special room for 5 and under. They also really enjoy the Imax and 3D shows.

ra_mom

Post  Sat, Oct 15 2016, 9:54 pm
I saw a special advertised. 2 for 1 for the kids on chol hamoed IIRC with coupon code.

seeker

Post  Sat, Oct 15 2016, 10:08 pm
Oh man ra_mom! Where can I get the coupon? Anyone know of any deals for adults?

I loved the place when I was a kid and have been waaaaaiiiting for my kids to get old enough to justify seeing what it's like now. I've been pondering a membership to NYSCI but they seem to have very few reciprocal days with LSC and haven't put up the schedule for the next ones yet - it just says last July and August IIRC.

Iamamother2

Post  Sat, Oct 15 2016, 10:08 pm
4-12

ra_mom

Post  Sat, Oct 15 2016, 10:17 pm
The coupon is in the Binah magazine on page 23 of the engravings supplement. Sorry I thought it was a coupon code.

It says
Present this coupon at the box office to get a free regular child's ticket when you buy one, value $17.75 is each.
Coupon good for you to 4 offers per transaction. May not be combined with any other promotion, not valid for group visi or. Expires 10/21/16. Coupon 1072.

seeker

Post  Sat, Oct 15 2016, 10:24 pm
Thanks for sharing! And can't believe they let you use it 4x, that's amazing for all the larger families that are looking for something nice to do this chol hamoed. We are more adults than kids and one of the kids is on the very little end so we probably won't be using it Sad

saw50st8

Post  Sun, Oct 16 2016, 7:23 am
We love LSC! Family membership is very affordable. For us, it pays in 2 visits.

4 is definitely fine for LSC. There are exhibits for all ages, it's indoors and they don't mind if you bring your own food.

amother

Smokey

Post  Sun, Oct 16 2016, 7:52 am
FYI for kohanim LSC has a temporary exhibit that is NOT OK for kohanim. ...check before going ....

amother

Aubergine

Post  Tue, Oct 10 2017, 9:21 am
Does anyone know of any coupons now?

chaya35

Post  Tue, Oct 10 2017, 9:49 am
amother wrote:
Does anyone know of any coupons now?

I saw in the hamodia in the section of places to go. I think it was for $5 off per person up to 8 people.

gibberish

Post  Tue, Oct 10 2017, 10:59 am
Some tips to go for cheap:
1.it's free on the first full weekend of every month for Bank of America cardholders. Just show them your card and they let those with cards go for free (still need to pay for kids)
2. if you live more then 90 miles away, then they accept recriprocal membership to other science centers. I once found a $35 family membership through Groupon to another science center that is accepted at many museums nationwide.

amother

Aubergine

Post  Tue, Oct 10 2017, 12:57 pm
Thank you I found a coupon in the Bina for 5 $ off a person

behappy2

Post  Tue, Oct 10 2017, 3:46 pm
I went with my seven year old. He did not enjoy it as much as I thought he would. He enjoys science. It could be it was just him.

doctorima

Post  Tue, Oct 10 2017, 10:47 pm
gibberish wrote:
Some tips to go for cheap:
1.it's free on the first full weekend of every month for Bank of America cardholders. Just show them your card and they let those with cards go for free (still need to pay for kids)
2. if you live more then 90 miles away, then they accept recriprocal membership to other science centers. I once found a $35 family membership through Groupon to another science center that is accepted at many museums nationwide.

Off topic, but do you remember which science museum had a Groupon for $35 annual membership? That sounds like a great deal with the reciprocity benefits!
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h