Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Are you an hsp? Poll
Previous  1  2

Do you consider yourself to be a highly sensitive person?
Yes  
 58%  [ 64 ]
No  
 41%  [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 110

zaq

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 12:03 pm
Questions on these kinds of quizzes are deliberately presented in multiple ways to reduce the likelihood that a person is answering randomly. If similar but differently worded questions are all answered the same way, results are more reliable than if they are answered differently. This is also a technique in interviewing.

WhatFor

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 12:11 pm
Zehava wrote:
I got 21
Many of the questions were repetitive

Hello fellow HSP! I'm a 25. Surprised

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 12:12 pm
I haven't taken the test in a long time, but I know I came out at the very high end of the HSP scale. I have the book, and everything makes perfect sense to me.

jjudithc

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 12:23 pm
zaq wrote:
Questions on these kinds of quizzes are deliberately presented in multiple ways to reduce the likelihood that a person is answering randomly. If similar but differently worded questions are all answered the same way, results are more reliable than if they are answered differently. This is also a technique in interviewing.

Of course. And interviewing is also going to be more objective because the tester can see things beyond an anonymous person's clicking "yes" or "no" remotely. That's why validity scales were developed on more extensive tests like the MMPI, in order to account for bias.

L'havdil, the MMPI, just for example's sake. Wink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....cales

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 12:25 pm
I got an 8. I'm usually fine in all these situations, but when it gets too noisy (like babies crying, people talking loudly...) I just go crazy. Just recently I was by my mil and everyone was there for the seudah (YT) The seudah hadn't started yet, so it was just a lot of people and babies and noise... it was really bad. After a few minutes I just went upstairs into a bedroom to lay down, and cried a little... just to let the tension out.
Also, I can't have music on if anything else is going on. Only when I'm sitting and listening to music, otherwise it's just noise pollution and I can't stand noise pollution.
But I wasn't like this as a kid, it definitely started after I was married, and just got worse with pregnancy and kids.

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 2:06 pm
amother wrote:
I got an 8. I'm usually fine in all these situations, but when it gets too noisy (like babies crying, people talking loudly...) I just go crazy. Just recently I was by my mil and everyone was there for the seudah (YT) The seudah hadn't started yet, so it was just a lot of people and babies and noise... it was really bad. After a few minutes I just went upstairs into a bedroom to lay down, and cried a little... just to let the tension out.
Also, I can't have music on if anything else is going on. Only when I'm sitting and listening to music, otherwise it's just noise pollution and I can't stand noise pollution.
But I wasn't like this as a kid, it definitely started after I was married, and just got worse with pregnancy and kids.

I think it said that if one or 2 things were very strong, even if you scored low, you could still be an hsp

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 2:12 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Actually, I clicked to learn what HSP stands for.
I think I’m not.

Same :-)

tymama

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 2:58 pm
I got a 15 and have a lot of sensory issues

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 3:05 pm
If you're Jewish you have a sensitive heart

onlyone

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 3:55 pm
Yep, highly sensitive here! I scored 18

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 9:01 pm
So far, results are, 57 hsp'ers on imamother to 40 non. Not sure it's enough to draw any definite conclusions, but if hsp people are 20% of the general population, it would seem, quite unscientifically, that we're over-represented here! Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics