Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Which schools sent home reminders to vote for N Dear?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 10:11 pm
Dear..........elected to the City Council in 1983, Dear, a Democrat from Boro Park, served on the council for 18 years until he was displaced by term limits. He has failed in two runs apiece for Congress and the state senate.

While still on the City Council, Dear drew the ire of his colleagues when he organized a trip for council members to South Africa, then ruled by the white minority apartheid government, and failed to tell them in a timely manner that the junket was funded by the whites-only Johannesburg City Council.

Dear has also had legal troubles. The attorney general substantiated a claim that he was improperly using funds from a nonprofit he founded to pay for personal expenses, such as travel as well as home and car phone service.

For his Civil Court race this year, Dear has raised over $147,000, roughly half of it from taxi corporations. A member of the Taxi and Limousine Commission since 2001, Dear is permitted to accept corporate funds - which is prohibited for a city office - because Civil Court is a state position and regulated by the more lax state campaign finance laws.

Yellen, though lesser known in Brooklyn politics, has made a name for herself, largely as a witness for the prosecution in the trial of former political kingpin Clarence Norman. Yellen alleged that Norman forced her to dole out dollars allegedly to pay for campaign services for her 2001 race for reelection at the civil court -- services that Yellen has claimed she never received.

Having served on the bench for 10 years, Yellen finished third in the 2002 primary after her falling out with Norman, and she currently serves as a referee in Family Court.

While Yellen might be the underdog in this race, the New York City Bar Association gave her a rating of “approved” in their evaluation of judicial candidates. Dear, however, was not approved. The bar cited his “failure to affirmatively demonstrate that he possesses the requisite qualifications for the court for which he is a candidate.” In its editorial on the race, the New York Times reached a similar conclusion. It said that Dear’s “volatile personality and indifference to conflicts-of-interest makes him utterly unsuited for the bench.”

bashinda

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 11:30 pm
sorry but what does the subject have to do with anything you said and why anonymously? do you think noach dear and his henchmen (ch"v) are going to get you?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 11:36 pm
bashinda wrote:
sorry but what does the subject have to do with anything you said and why anonymously? do you think noach dear and his henchmen (ch"v) are going to get you?
Help Politicians have been known to do strange things to opponents, esp. politicians w. certain personalities!

bashinda

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 7:28 am
Btw, next time OP can you give a source for what you're posting? I found it here:

http://www.gothamgazette.com/a...../2286

Also it's good to check up sources (who's the gothem gazette? are they unbiased? etc)

Also again, what does the subject line have to do with the content? And why are you anonymous when you were posting something from a website? :arrow: What Noach Dear reads imamother?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 10:30 am
bashinda wrote:
Btw, next time OP can you give a source for what you're posting? I found it here:

http://www.gothamgazette.com/a...../2286

Also it's good to check up sources (who's the gothem gazette? are they unbiased? etc)

Also again, what does the subject line have to do with the content? And why are you anonymous when you were posting something from a website? :arrow: What Noach Dear reads Imamother?
I am s/o with info on him for many years. Obviously you have done research of your own shock . Go ahead and vote for one of the highest regarded Judicial Candidates of all times! Have Hana'ah! Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 11:53 am
https://www.blogger.com/commen.....74459

The question remains- Hikind has many more qualified FRUM candidates approved by ALL the Judicial screening panels and Bar Associations to support- and all of a sudden these screening panels and Bar Associations have no weight?

He ought to start his own Political Party- The Krumme Chevra line!

Shame on him! and Shame on us for accepting this BS!

amother

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 12:16 pm
I get Hikind's logic!

If SOME highly rated Judges are sitting in Jail, let's elect a not highly rated candidate. Great idea!

Cheers APPLAUSE. Cheers

bashinda

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 5:51 pm
People, again, what do any of these postings have to do with the subject line? and why all the anonymous postings? aren't you anonymous enough on imamother? What

Also amother, why is it so shocking to you that I put in part of your post into google and found the the same text on that website? Since when is doing a google search something which merits the googly eyes? LOL ) Crediting your sources is a mentchlidik thing to do btw. Actually isn't this talked about in Pirkei Avos?

Again, I'm extremely not political and I'm sure I'm missing certain nuances here. I never said who I'm voting for or not voting for so this really isn't the issue here.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 6:04 pm
bashinda wrote:
I'm extremely not political and I'm sure I'm missing certain nuances here. I never said who I'm voting for or not voting for so this really isn't the issue here.
U R Great! Role Model for all. Thanks for your Chiddushim on this matter Thumbs Up .

bashinda

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 7:35 pm
Hello guys. Çan we have more maturity in the Aseres Yomei Teshuva? If you noticed I pointedly have not commented on the details of the issues. I was simply asking for information. I'm a little disappointed in the tone of the people posting in this thread.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics