Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
How can I get a passport?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 8:59 pm
How can I get a passport in Brooklyn? My passports, my husband passport and some of our kids are expired. And my 2 youngest never even had one. We aren't planning on going anywhere, but with all that's going on in the world, I'd be more comfortable if we had one. I got mine so long ago I don't really remember the process. I tried to Google it and I see we are supposed to go to the library, but these are closed now due to covid... How do we get one then?

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 9:03 pm
I just sent mine in yesterday. However I just needed to renew my expired passport and that can be done by mail.
For brand new passports you need to make an appointment at the post office.
You can prefill the forms from the USA gov website. I think it's the DS-11 form.
You need to take passport pictures and come with birth certificate and photo ID or Check the website for exact instructions.
You can also choose to have it expedited which is an additional $60 and takes 4-6 weeks.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 9:15 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I just sent mine in yesterday. However I just needed to renew my expired passport and that can be done by mail.
For brand new passports you need to make an appointment at the post office.
You can prefill the forms from the USA gov website. I think it's the DS-11 form.
You need to take passport pictures and come with birth certificate and photo ID or Check the website for exact instructions.
You can also choose to have it expedited which is an additional $60 and takes 4-6 weeks.

Thank you!

gyf45

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 9:56 pm
For kids 16 and under you can’t renew online. They need to show up in person by appt. both parents must be present if one is unable to then need to have notary sign. For yourself and kids over 16 you can renew by mail. The post office is open go to the usps website pick a location and book appointments there. Bring ID and checks or money order for each application.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 10:09 pm
We just did this - you can fill out documents before you go.
You also have to bring a decent amount of stuff- see website for exact .
We did expedited.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 9:05 am
Yup, check out the site to see exactly what documents you'll need. Filling out beforehand saves you time. Our appt took like 20 minutes.
We just received passports-some renewed and some 1st time. It took around 8.5 weeks, not expedited.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries