Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Who did not get a stimulus in the US, and are you tight?
Previous  1  2  3

In the US did you get the stimulus
Yes  
 58%  [ 115 ]
No  
 38%  [ 76 ]
Other, explain  
 2%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 196

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 8:00 pm
No my perception is coming from every single other thread where you have commented on anything related to Lakewood or the school system.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 9:47 pm
I can't believe the chutzpa to assume that someone a) got stimulus money and b) you cam claim it. I hear asking for the maasar

I think most people who got it went first to pay immediate expenses and second to debt.

It actually makes A LOT of sense for a school to tell their teachers to go on unemployment and then use the ppp money to pay them July-aug. Or even sep-oct. Ppp covers 10 weeks of payroll. Might as well use those 10 weeks when the government isn't giving the extra $600 per week. It's still going to payroll.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 11:54 am
We have three kids and make $85k. We don't fit into any programs, and the stimulus went straight to pay off credit card debt.
We are very tight.

miami85

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 4:58 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
We don’t qualify for the stimulus as we make over 150k. We are really tight and could use every extra dollar... I can’t understand why the cutoff is 150k. As my accountant says, they should have called it at 250k

Because Biden thinks you are wealthy.

helpful

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 5:54 pm
I did not get it, not sure why... But my DH's chasidus demanded it of us already (in addition to the 2k yearly fee for being part of the chasidis).

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 5:57 pm
My parents did not get it b/c they make more than 150k, but they are very tight. 5 kids home, nyc mortgage and property tax (over 6k monthly), tuition for two high schoolers (1k monthly and 2k monthly) plus 3 in elementary. plus, plus, plus.... in short: they can use the $. This stimulus should've been based on family size (and possibly expenses too).

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 6:07 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
My point is that whenever schools, especially Lakewood schools come in, you are so bitter and rant about how terrible they are.
What does this have to do with Lakewood schools. My kids Lakewood school didn’t try taking our stimulus $$ which is lucky because they aren’t getting it. They also paid their teachers while they were shut down, and offered class over the phone last year. So none of this rings a bell.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 6:11 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
We don’t qualify for the stimulus as we make over 150k. We are really tight and could use every extra dollar... I can’t understand why the cutoff is 150k. As my accountant says, they should have called it at 250k

That would mean that people in the 95th percentile of income would be receiving funds, which doesn't make sense. Sorry.

We didn't get anything. I'm un(der) employed, so we need money.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 6:15 pm
miami85 wrote:
Because Biden thinks you are wealthy.

At 150,000 in income, you make more than 81% of Americans.

Objectively speaking, that's doing well.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 6:20 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I can't believe the chutzpa to assume that someone a) got stimulus money and b) you cam claim it. I hear asking for the maasar

I think most people who got it went first to pay immediate expenses and second to debt.

It actually makes A LOT of sense for a school to tell their teachers to go on unemployment and then use the ppp money to pay them July-aug. Or even sep-oct. Ppp covers 10 weeks of payroll. Might as well use those 10 weeks when the government isn't giving the extra $600 per week. It's still going to payroll.

If your business PREVIOUSLY let go employees (who were then not working, and receiving umemployment), then PPP was intended to allow you to rehire them.

However, you can't hold the PPP and not rehire them.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics