Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Chidren and the aseres hadibros
Previous  1  2

miriamnechama

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 3:13 pm
hey shalhevet you remind me of a cute story that happened to me last year right before pesach but I definately learnt alot from it, I'm no so sure where it fits in so I'll leave it out for now.

TzenaRena

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 3:47 pm
miriamnechama wrote:
haha great for breslav for sticking up for me!!!! you should just know when my dh goes to uman I defiunately plan ahead!!!! because he has to be in uman rosh hashana, rebbe nachman said so!!!!
Good for you, and Hatzlacha Rabbah in working something out here too. Wink

shalhevet

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 4:24 pm
miriamnechama wrote:
hey shalhevet you remind me of a cute story that happened to me last year right before pesach but I definately learnt alot from it, I'm no so sure where it fits in so I'll leave it out for now.

Now you've left us in suspense.... Very Happy When are we going to hear it?

miriamnechama

Post Tue, May 22 2007, 5:07 am
ok it's like this, we use a rav who's lubab but for our shailas he's amazing. anyways one day I came to him with shailas on bedikas etc, he had a cup of tea on his desk that by mistake I spilled when I put my bag on his desk, well of course he is such a great rav I'm sure anyother rov would have been annoyed, but the first thing he did was stodd up asked me if I'm ok if I got burnt, then he picked up a towel and without saying a word cleand up the tea, wow such gadlus, I told that to my sister in law who's also lubab and asked her ( you know their chumras on matza and water) what would you do if mwater spilled on matza. and then I told her this episode, I wanted her to know how great he was aboutr making a woman feel good that I'm sure even pesach he wouldn't make a scene about water on matza if it happened by mistake. I learnt alot from it and makes me feel good to go back to him with future shailas.

TzenaRena

Post Thu, May 24 2007, 11:18 pm
to add to my previous post, the significance of children attending the Keriah of Aseres Hadibros is connected to the fact that the children were/are the guarantors for the Jewish nation to recieve the Torah. As it says "baneinu Arevim Baadeinu" or "Baneinu orvim oisanu"

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 8:14 am
breslov wrote:
TzenaRena wrote:
miriam nechama, are you a Lubavitcher? If you are, I would think that despite the circumstances you mention, you should plan ahead and try to find a way to do what the Rebbe wants, and enlist your husbands support/help for that, especially if the Rebbe's horaos are dear to him. ( Even if you aren't, surely it would be a most appropriate thing to do, if you can work it out. Smile )

Did the Rebbe call this a "Bakasha Nafshis"? (Motek, do you know?)

Sorry, she's not lubab. She's breslov, like me. :-D Smile Very Happy

not so much anymore....

Last edited by miriamnechama on Thu, Jun 05 2008, 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 8:18 am
this year I plan to send my ds2 with my sil later in teh day.. ifhe's still sleeping,

ds1 is talking about walking to the kosel... hmm we'll see if tha ever materializes.

though I really prefer to get up neitz... my other obligation is yizkor and I hate going and being ina packed place.. I prefer when it's quieter... my sil will anyways take her to kids, and besides.. I think ds will prefer to go with her.. after all they give out alot of treat there and hge loves being with her kids.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics