Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
(Florida) DeSantis bill for additional $8K tuition help

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 7:20 pm
Another reason to move to Florida. Jewish school tuition is now even cheaper. Florida has Step Up, Gardiner scholarships, HB1 etc and homeschoolers are also eligible. HealthyKids and CMS and Medicaid cover speech and occupational therapies for kids with ADHD or other learning difficulties and this helps kids succeed academically as well.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday signed into law a new school choice bill (House Bill 1) that will provide scholarships of almost $8,000 per child for all families with students in K-12 nonpublic schools and serves as a blueprint for similar legislation in states nationwide.

The new bill, passed last week by the Florida House and Senate, will allow all K-12 students in Florida state-sponsored scholarships to help pay for their preferred schools, regardless of family income. It will take effect July 1.

--
Get short and instant breaking news alerts by joining JewishNews24 WhatsApp
https://chat.whatsapp.com/I35x.....SY1HE

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 7:21 pm
More good news outta Florida! Great role model shows how to do things right!

groisamomma

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 7:23 pm
How soon do you think it'll come to NJ? In time for my grandchildren, maybe. And then of course it'll be with income guidelines raising tuition for the rest of us...I'm not very optimistic here if you can't tell.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating