Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Young elementary DD suspended for 1 day
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 5:35 pm
amother DarkViolet wrote:
Long term, school will not be sustainable if it is "hell." My daughters' school allows them to work independently on advanced material and then to do certain preferred activities when they finish early, such as art and pleasure reading. The DD who has ADHD is motivated to finish her work when she knows the rest of her time will be her own. I don't know if your daughter's school would be open to something like that.

Let's hope things will get better both for her and the school system. We are trying to get her to do extras in class but she's having a hard time with the 'quietly' part.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 5:41 pm
Each kid is different. When this happens to my son I don't go out of my way to make things hard for him. It's already all very hard for him. I really to him about what happened and what he can do so that it doesn't happen again. That's all.

But like I said, each kid needs something different

mom24b

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 5:54 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I agree with dark violet in theory and my boys yeshiva works really well with my sons (I have more then one kid with ADHD) but the girls schools, from what my friends tell me have much more rigid expectations and expect a lot more obedience then boys schools. So for my boys its not anywhere close to hell but for girls it really could be so I empathize with you a lot.

Can you tell me what school your boys are in that deal well with their adhd? I really need a understanding school for my son instead of a punitive one…

mha3484

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 6:01 pm
delete read the question wrong

Last edited by mha3484 on Mon, May 01 2023, 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

mha3484

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 6:01 pm
mom24b wrote:
Can you tell me what school your boys are in that deal well with their adhd? I really need a understanding school for my son instead of a punitive one…

I live in Chicago.

mom24b

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 6:24 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I live in Chicago.

All the better! What school are your boys in?

mha3484

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 6:24 pm
YTT if your here too feel free to PM me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)