Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Headache every Sunday
Previous  1  2

synthy

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 9:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
I think this is about right.

I don't drink any grape juice or wine on shabbos (a tiny sip) so that can't be it.

I do eat lots of challa and other unhealthy food. I sleep a ton and then go to sleep late on MS.
I guess I need to try to cut out the heavy eating and see if that cures my headache and fatigue. I am starting to wonder if I have a gluten intolerance.
you don’t have to be gluten intolerant for carbs to shlep you down and mess up your entire system… I feel way better when I cut carbs. But I still give in to temptations too often, and then I get the consequences.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 10:08 pm
For me it was carb induced.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 5:01 am
Do you drink wine on shabbat? I would cut out alcohol to see if it helps.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 5:32 am
amother DarkGreen wrote:
Do you drink wine on shabbat? I would cut out alcohol to see if it helps.

No, I don't drink wine or any alcohol.

amother
NeonPink

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 6:04 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
For me the culprit was sulfites. Sulfite allergies are very common for Jews because G6PD deficiency is so common in Jewish communities.

I get headaches from sulfites! (which I just found out is also in the rice vinegar I was using to make sushi Confused )

also from msg.

can you tell me more about G6PD deficiency—does it affect more things?

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 6:34 am
Your sleep pattern is the most likely to blame.
Don't take such a long nap on shabbos, definitely don't go to sleep at 4 am and don't sleep in. These are all likely triggers.

Although overeating isn't recommended, I don't think it is the culprit. Challah either.

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 2:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
I think this is about right.

I don't drink any grape juice or wine on shabbos (a tiny sip) so that can't be it.

I do eat lots of challa and other unhealthy food. I sleep a ton and then go to sleep late on MS.
I guess I need to try to cut out the heavy eating and see if that cures my headache and fatigue. I am starting to wonder if I have a gluten intolerance.

A tiny sip is enough for me to have migraines

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 2:18 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
I get headaches from sulfites! (which I just found out is also in the rice vinegar I was using to make sushi Confused )

also from msg.

can you tell me more about G6PD deficiency—does it affect more things?

It does! It's also a cause of newborn jaundice, and can be a contributing factor (if not controlled) in diabetes, cardiovascular issues, ADHD and related disorders, gastrointestinal issues, and kidney issues. The basic mechanism is that when you're exposed to things that use up too much G6PD enzyme and you've hit a low enough level you trigger a hemolyses. This is a defense mechanism against malaria and some other diseases such as cholera but a hemolyses puts strain on your body and causes anemia, muscle spasms, lower than normal oxygen and many other issues. Many people have low level hemolyses all the time and never notice it or realize and others have severe hemolyses and need blood transfusions

The difficult part is that you will have few or no symptoms until you've used too much G6PD and you don't know when that is so most people who are deficient don't know until they get seriously sick

There a lot of lists of triggers online, some more complete than others. I like this one because it's easy to read.

https://integrativemedicalrese.....list/

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 2:49 pm
As some others here mentioned, sleep is probably the culprit.
I suffer very badly from headaches and as hard as it is I force myself to stay awake the whole shabbat afternoon as it really really helps and the times when I do rest I get a bad headache on Sunday.

Growing

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 5:46 pm
so validating
I thought it was me....

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 10:59 am
amother Hotpink wrote:
As some others here mentioned, sleep is probably the culprit.
I suffer very badly from headaches and as hard as it is I force myself to stay awake the whole shabbat afternoon as it really really helps and the times when I do rest I get a bad headache on Sunday.

Why would sleep cause it?

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 11:01 am
Op how was yours this week?

I tried no grape juice
Less challah and carbs
Last week didn't sleep
This week did
Hadache both weeks..😔
Behind the eye ... Possibly sinus?
What else can I do to prevent?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise