Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Eczema and prevention
Previous  1  2

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 10:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, am only using spelt flour and almost no sugar (fruits yes). Detergents and cleaning products are mostly natural. can you find out which vitamins she took?
I'm also before my third

Almost sure she worked with Malky tauber who guided her on what vitamins to take .

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 11:00 pm
amother Camellia wrote:
Almost sure she worked with Malky tauber who guided her on what vitamins to take .

Lol I worked with Malky too! I called her when my second one was 7 weeks and followed her for 8 months straight! I can't think back to that time... I've spent a couple of thousands on her supplements and saw no change at all!!

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 11:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
Lol I worked with Malky too! I called her when my second one was 7 weeks and followed her for 8 months straight! I can't think back to that time... I've spent a couple of thousands on her supplements and saw no change at all!!
If you're serious about this you need someone more credentialed to guide you. Not someone who sells shaklee vitamins.
Gut healing is a lot more involved than eating spelt and whole foods.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 11:17 pm
amother Silver wrote:
One of my kids was reacting terribly to the chlorine in the tap water (among other things)
I cleaned the floor with vinegar
The varicella vaccine brought it on (hindsight 😭😭😭)
I’d push off all possible vaccines as much as possible.
Hatzlacha!

I’m really curious about the chlorine in the tap water, I wonder if I have this issue and if one of my children do too. How did you figure this out? I see my child itching from water a lot but didnt think about this option.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 11:27 pm
For your daughter who currently has eczema try the Dr Aron regime. Google it, it's fairly simple if you follow the directions exactly. You get your own doctor to prescribe the compound.

It's also important to follow all the other advice they give, like no food dyes, no chemically smoked foods, sensitive free of dyes and fragrances detergents, shampoos, soaps, body washes. Also always do a 2nd rinse when washing her clothing, linen and towels.

I have two kids with eczema. I cleared it almost completely with the regime and sometimes have to use the compound to get us back clear during allergy season. Other than that we use the basic vanicream moisturizer for maintaining it.

Sometimes prevention is not in our control, (besides for davening, of course) it's just in the genes. Not necessarily something to do with you during pregnancy, birth or nursing. You can be stressed out trying every single fad diet out there and cv the child can still have eczema. Eczema and a stressed mother.. What we can do is keep it under control if it does cv arise.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 11:27 pm
amother Copper wrote:
I’m really curious about the chlorine in the tap water, I wonder if I have this issue and if one of my children do too. How did you figure this out? I see my child itching from water a lot but didnt think about this option.

Adding Vitamin C into bath water is supposed to counteract the chlorine. You can buy little tablets or use powdered ascorbic acid. I put this in my kids baths to detoxify the water. And we don’t drink tap.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 11:43 pm
amother Copper wrote:

My child’s eczema was so bad and we tried so many things.
I took him to dr lang in crown heights and he told me to get a good filter and get my kid off chlorine for a while (Among other things)
I sponged bathed him with filtered water.
My sister in law has terribly dry skin and it’s bc of the chlorine. Her dr says it’s a form of eczema.
Hatzlacha

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 2:07 am
Long post, sorry….
Something I learned on my eczema journey:
If the eczema is primarily on the face and fingers it’s mostly food related and other things they are ingesting. If it’s primarily on other parts of the body, it’s environmental.
Unfortunately the sensitive souls often have both problems.
Things to get rid of for the ingestion: burnt food and any well done food including the blackened grilled or broiled meats, acidic food, rule out common allergenic foods , chemicals in food, fried food, processed.

For environmental: no dyes in cleaners, no chemicals, added scents, no carpet (collects dust) no chlorine, treated grass, think how you clean your laundry, your floors, your body. Air out your house, check if there’s mold.

My life revolved around this insanity for a few years. Bh my kids outgrew most of their eczema. They still have sensitivities but nothing like their old sufferings.

My poor kids barely had anything to eat.
Bh now robust. I did the diet when nursing the next one with eczema and had five things on my food list.

A lot is trial and error. Often siblings have similar causes. Keep away from your other childrens triggers but also you can’t become crazy from this.

Creams: some aren’t officially steroids but you need to read the fine print.
Homeopathic creams helped us.

I hope this post helps even one person

amother
Tomato

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 2:11 am
amother Silver wrote:
Long post, sorry….
Something I learned on my eczema journey:
If the eczema is primarily on the face and fingers it’s mostly food related and other things they are ingesting. If it’s primarily on other parts of the body, it’s environmental.
Unfortunately the sensitive souls often have both problems.
Things to get rid of for the ingestion: burnt food and any well done food including the blackened grilled or broiled meats, acidic food, rule out common allergenic foods , chemicals in food, fried food, processed.

For environmental: no dyes in cleaners, no chemicals, added scents, no carpet (collects dust) no chlorine, treated grass, think how you clean your laundry, your floors, your body. Air out your house, check if there’s mold.

My life revolved around this insanity for a few years. Bh my kids outgrew most of their eczema. They still have sensitivities but nothing like their old sufferings.

My poor kids barely had anything to eat.
Bh now robust. I did the diet when nursing the next one with eczema and had five things on my food list.

A lot is trial and error. Often siblings have similar causes. Keep away from your other childrens triggers but also you can’t become crazy from this.

Creams: some aren’t officially steroids but you need to read the fine print.
Homeopathic creams helped us.

I hope this post helps even one person

My kid both get full body ezcema flair ups from their food allergies. It took a while to isolate their trigger foods, but we're totally controlled now via a strict diet. It's worth looking into
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics