Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Does everything rainbow symbolize Gay?
Previous  1  2  3  4

happy7

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 11:16 pm
The Magen David has come to represent Zionism. Frum people who support Eretz Yisrael as an Eretz hakodesh, but do not support Medinat Yisrael as an institution that does not use Torah as its ultimate value, do not support Zionism, and therefore they do not wear a necklace with a Magen David.

amother
Lotus

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 11:45 pm
amother Red wrote:
The brown and black represent transgender etc.
I live in a place with many people who are in alternate lifestyles. Wearing a rainbow with the extra colors, like this watch has, would mean pride.

Actually the light blue and pink and white represent transgender. The black and brown are to represent BIPOC.

amother
Lotus

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 11:46 pm
happy7 wrote:
The Magen David has come to represent Zionism. Frum people who support Eretz Yisrael as an Eretz hakodesh, but do not support Medinat Yisrael as an institution that does not use Torah as its ultimate value, do not support Zionism, and therefore they do not wear a necklace with a Magen David.

I still sometimes wear a magen david necklace because I like it…not because of zionism.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 12:18 am
I was surprised when ds's morah came to school with a rainbow striped bag. Then I realized it was the week of parshas Noach.

It goes to show that associations are greatly influenced by environment LOL

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 1:36 am
sequoia wrote:
Frum Jews don’t wear a magen David necklace precisely because secular Jews wear it.

Don’t forget boys not learning Nach because the maskilim did. Part of THE ACTUAL TANACH is now not okay.

So yea, it doesn’t end.

Some people think an Upsherin is a form of paganism.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 1:37 am
amother Blonde wrote:
I was surprised when ds's morah came to school with a rainbow striped bag. Then I realized it was the week of parshas Noach.

It goes to show that associations are greatly influenced by environment LOL

Parshas Noach is very gay. What they got up to on that ark! 🌈 Hiding Surprised

Chickensoupprof

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 3:41 am
amother Red wrote:
The brown and black represent transgender etc.
I live in a place with many people who are in alternate lifestyles. Wearing a rainbow with the extra colors, like this watch has, would mean pride.

Brown and black represent people of color 🏳️‍⚧️ < this is the trans flag.

Oh, and I'm on the page of Vintage so I had a good night's sleep because I'm not bothered by this. And the swastika argument is sheer nonsense and a fallacy.
Anyone want to talk about important things? I sometimes struggle with what to eat for dinner. Really.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 3:42 am
sequoia wrote:
Frum Jews don’t wear a magen David necklace precisely because secular Jews wear it.

Don’t forget boys not learning Nach because the maskilim did. Part of THE ACTUAL TANACH is now not okay.

So yea, it doesn’t end.

I always wondered why men didn't learn tanach. Got it now.

I do wear magen dovids because I don't really care what others think. I like the symbol and I just feel very connected to Dovid Hamelech. But I would davka remove it if I had a school interview or something like that because I don't want to have me looked at as a certain type.

I probably wouldn't wear rainbows to a school interview or something either as it's seen as childish.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 4:20 am
happy7 wrote:

IMHO a frum jewish woman has no need for Magen David. It's obvious that she is jewish by just looking at her appearance.

That said I like Magen David's. The oldest synagogue in Bnei Brak has a huge beautiful Magen David on the building.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 7:18 am
sequoia wrote:

So yea, it doesn’t end.

Really? I thought it’s because they learn Gemara and other things girls don’t and there are only so many hours in a day.
In a Zionistic school where boys and girls learn Gemara and I don’t think Navi is taught at all, or maybe very very minimally. Like a minor minor.
I really thought that maskilim also learned Gemara. Today in conservative and reform schools the kids learn Gemara but not Navi. And I think modern schools too.

essie14

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 12:12 pm
amother Hawthorn wrote:
Really? I thought it’s because they learn Gemara and other things girls don’t and there are only so many hours in a day.
In a Zionistic school where boys and girls learn Gemara and I don’t think Navi is taught at all, or maybe very very minimally. Like a minor minor.
I really thought that maskilim also learned Gemara. Today in conservative and reform schools the kids learn Gemara but not Navi. And I think modern schools too.

My kids in DL (MO) schools learn plenty of Navi. Both the boys and the girls. Very zionist schools (not sure what that has to do with but you mentioned it)

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 7:20 pm
maybe bend your two fingers in - the pointer and the index finger - and leave your middle finger straight - because you don't "believe'" that moving your fingers in any specific way means anything.

amother
Feverfew

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 9:41 pm
amother Hawthorn wrote:

I work in a co-Ed Zionistic school where both boys and girls learn Gemara AND chumash/Navi daily. Chumash/Navi is one class—they learn Chumash one semester and navi the other. They may learn less Navi than I did in my Bais Yaakov (where Chumash and Navi were separate subjects, both taught daily), but it’s more than “very very minimally.”
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics