Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Does everything rainbow symbolize Gay?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Gladiolus

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 7:47 am
I agree with sticking to pastels and rainbows shaped like rainbows if you're concerned. The pride stuff has bold colors and straight lines. My girls love rainbows too and I don't mind if they wear them. It is funny when they keep pointing out the rainbow flags they see flying this month. They get very excited to show me and I'm like, "oh, uhuh, wow, everybody likes rainbows!" (My kids are little).

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 7:50 am
fleetwood wrote:
I agree with you...you guys are giving it power.....I would buy it regardless and as vintage wrote..take it back!

Who's "you guys"?

I'd say the people who VOTED for all this is what gave them power.

Raise your hand if you voted for this.

Busybee5

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 10:22 am
During lock downs we displayed rainbows in our windows as a sign of hope and 'we'll get through this together, stay strong' kind of vibes. Also to thank the NHS.
Did they do this in other countries too? I agree that the watch screams pride unfortunately Sad so silly!

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 11:08 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Not weird IMHO. Kind of ironic that they display their destiny so vividly.

Exactly. The rainbow symbolized that the world is at a level that it deserves to be destroyed.

So it's pretty apt actually.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 11:09 am
Busybee5 wrote:
During lock downs we displayed rainbows in our windows as a sign of hope and 'we'll get through this together, stay strong' kind of vibes. Also to thank the NHS.
Did they do this in other countries too? I agree that the watch screams pride unfortunately Sad so silly!

It was all rounded rainbows though. Different to the pride ones.

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 11:30 am
amother Jean wrote:
Who's "you guys"?

I'd say the people who VOTED for all this is what gave them power.

Raise your hand if you voted for this.

Nobody voted for rainbow to be gay.

By you guys..I mean you guys here who are giving power to this stupidity.

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 11:57 am
I won't buy anything rainbow anymore. The whole thing is disgusting. Did they have to take rainbows away from little girls who love pretty things?

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 12:37 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
The swastika is a religious symbol which was co-opted by the nazis. Would you suggest people walk around with a swastika on their clothing and say “I’m taking it back, it’s not a nazi symbol,” How would that go over? You can say all you want “I’m not wearing it as a nazi symbol” but that’s what most of the world will see and understand. How would you suggest one should take back and own the rainbow?

The original swastika, a symbol of spirituality in many Indian religions, is still used by those religions.

Don’t you realize that if the only ppl wearing rainbows are gay allies you’re giving them more power? That if people “took it back” they would dilute it?

I would not stop wearing what I liked because of mishegas.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 5:13 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
The original swastika, a symbol of spirituality in many Indian religions, is still used by those religions.

Don’t you realize that if the only ppl wearing rainbows are gay allies you’re giving them more power? That if people “took it back” they would dilute it?

I would not stop wearing what I liked because of mishegas.

And I don’t want my kids to be identified as part of a movement to which they don’t belong.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 5:26 pm
I saw a baby the other day in Israel wearing a onsie that said "love is love" a really chareidi looking family.

I really cringed but they probably had no idea what that phrase stood for.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 5:27 pm
Yes in answer to your thread title yes
We don’t buy or wear it anymore

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 5:29 pm
I don't wear gay rainbows. The pride flag is specific tones of the rainbow. Anything that has different tones, missing a color, or just doesn't look super gay I would buy.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 7:16 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
And I don’t want my kids to be identified as part of a movement to which they don’t belong.

Why does everyone care so much about what people they dislike think? I know none of you like my comments, do you think I lose sleep at night?

What happens when another group co-opts the maagen David? Where does it end?

sequoia

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 7:19 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Why does everyone care so much about what people they dislike think? I know none of you like my comments, do you think I lose sleep at night?

Frum Jews don’t wear a magen David necklace precisely because secular Jews wear it.

Don’t forget boys not learning Nach because the maskilim did. Part of THE ACTUAL TANACH is now not okay.

So yea, it doesn’t end.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 7:20 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Today IMHO you cannot wear it. It's so ingrained.
You can wear it if you want. Just understand that you *will* be judged. There's no way getting around it.

I don’t care though. If I saw a rainbow item I’d like, I would wear it. I am personally an ally anyway, but if someone erroneously thinks I like women, that is their issue, not mine. 🤷🏻‍♀️

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 7:24 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:

That’s not what it is. I don’t want to help spread their message or act like I’m on their team.

skyeblue

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 9:40 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:

Would you wear a (Nazi-looking) swastika? ...I don't think anyone properly answered that argument.

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 9:45 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
My 7 year old daughter is obsessed with rainbows. She colours everything in rainbow colours and wants me to buy her rainbow canvas shoes that we saw when out at the store last week. I probably will because they're more glittery, different colours. They don't actually have the rainbow on them and she's desperate for them! My only daughter so she's a bit spoilt Wink
I can't see the watch, it took me into a review. It's sad how rainbows have changed Sad

Eta: I see it now, it's cute but I get why you're hesitant. I'd probably go for it though. Why do our girls have to 'suffer' because of pride...

Agree! I would buy it! So the world thinks my 7 year old is gay...that's their problem!!

amother
Gladiolus

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 9:55 pm
sequoia wrote:
Frum Jews don’t wear a magen David necklace precisely because secular Jews wear it.

Don’t forget boys not learning Nach because the maskilim did. Part of THE ACTUAL TANACH is now not okay.

So yea, it doesn’t end.

Never heard this before about the magen David. I (BT) wore one as a teen but never thought about it. Do frum people really not wear them? And for that reason?

amother
Red

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 11:13 pm
The brown and black represent transgender etc.
I live in a place with many people who are in alternate lifestyles. Wearing a rainbow with the extra colors, like this watch has, would mean pride.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics