Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
S/o Please stop asking me why!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 4:45 pm
Spin-off of the other moving thread… please stop asking me why don’t I just move to my hometown. If I’m not moving there, there’s obviously a reason why. My parents are actually abusive and I need to live away from them. What would you like me to answer you? I cry inside every time I am asked this question because I would love to be able to just move to where I grew up.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 6:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
Spin-off of the other moving thread… please stop asking me why don’t I just move to my hometown. If I’m not moving there, there’s obviously a reason why. My parents are actually abusive and I need to live away from them. What would you like me to answer you? I cry inside every time I am asked this question because I would love to be able to just move to where I grew up.

Ouch, I can imagine that really hurts.

Do you find that's it's also the way they ask it?

I had a different situation that really hurt when people asked but depends how they were asking.

If they casually so "Oh I'm so sad to hear your moving, why are you?" You can easily steer away to say "Yeah, it's not easy to move and I'll miss so many parts of this neighborhood ect"

Where as someone comes over and says "I heard you're moving to so and so, why would you do that...." and they pry until they get a full answer...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 6:55 pm
amother Orange wrote:
Ouch, I can imagine that really hurts.

Do you find that's it's also the way they ask it?

I had a different situation that really hurt when people asked but depends how they were asking.

If they casually so "Oh I'm so sad to hear your moving, why are you?" You can easily steer away to say "Yeah, it's not easy to move and I'll miss so many parts of this neighborhood ect"

Where as someone comes over and says "I heard you're moving to so and so, why would you do that...." and they pry until they get a full answer...

I find it hurtful regardless. It’s the same story with everything regarding my parents.

Are your parents coming to your simcha? /
Is your mother coming to help you after birth? /
Are you going to your parents for yom tov?

When I say no, it’s always followed by “why not?” If I wanted to tell you why not, I would say so in my answer. If not, it’s not your business! I have a whole list of excuses which sound great to you but to me it’s painful to even have to go there.

And my parents don’t want to come to my simcha even though they were invited and we offered to pay and arrange transportation and lodging. And no my mother refuses to come help me after birth. And no I’m not even invited to come for yom tov.

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Jul 08 2023, 10:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
I find it hurtful regardless. It’s the same story with everything regarding my parents.

Are your parents coming to your simcha? /
Is your mother coming to help you after birth? /
Are you going to your parents for yom tov?

When I say no, it’s always followed by “why not?” If I wanted to tell you why not, I would say so in my answer. If not, it’s not your business! I have a whole list of excuses which sound great to you but to me it’s painful to even have to go there.

And my parents don’t want to come to my simcha even though they were invited and we offered to pay and arrange transportation and lodging. And no my mother refuses to come help me after birth. And no I’m not even invited to come for yom tov.

People are so nosy it's scary and the worst part is that sometimes they don't mean to be... like if someone is actually nosy and mean then you can be furious at them but if they totally don't mean it then it just really really hurts!

amother
Brass

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 12:03 am
Just have a ready answer “jobs” or “schools” or both or “pricing”
Hugs and hatzlocha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating