Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
My toddlers are so clingy

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 1:06 pm
I have a 2 and 5 year old and they’re both so clingy. They just want to be around me all day. I love them and show them love all the time. But sometimes I need a break. I can’t hire a babysitter or even take them to playgroup without them throwing a fit. It breaks my heart. Why are they like this and how can I help them be ok with me leaving them occasionally?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 7:32 pm
Bump

salt

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 1:59 am
Crying with a babysitter who comes to the house once in a while, I can understand, my kids were like that.
But a daily playgroup that they've been going to every day since September - by the end of the year, they are still throwing a fit when you leave them in the morning?
That is very hard.
According to the teacher though, are the happy during the day?
I think you just have to be a little quicker with the goodbyes - take them in, say I'll see you later, kiss good bye and leave.

They are still small, some kids are just more clingy.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 13 2023, 10:16 am
Bump. It’s getting really hard, every day they both hold on and make a whole scene when I drop them off. They’re happy and well taken care of, they just have a hard time with separation. I want to do quick in and out but they grab on me so tight… especially with the 5 year old, I feel like it’s not good for other kids to see him act like that. The other boys just come running in alone and my son holds on to me even after he’s seated.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jul 13 2023, 10:20 am
amother OP wrote:
Bump. It’s getting really hard, every day they both hold on and make a whole scene when I drop them off. They’re happy and well taken care of, they just have a hard time with separation. I want to do quick in and out but they grab on me so tight… especially with the 5 year old, I feel like it’s not good for other kids to see him act like that. The other boys just come running in alone and my son holds on to me even after he’s seated.

is there someone or something they are scared about? Did you try asking them whats bothering them?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 13 2023, 10:30 am
amother Burgundy wrote:
is there someone or something they are scared about? Did you try asking them whats bothering them?
nobody is scaring them. They just are like this.

SG18

Post Thu, Jul 13 2023, 1:15 pm
Are they like this with your husband? Have him do dropoff.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics