Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How do I get "discovered" so I can support the community?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 10:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
yes, listed out each insurance that I'm a participating in-network provider for.

Ironically Relief does not believe in therapists that accept insurance and won't give recommendations to any provider that is not paid out of pocket. I find them to be wholly incompetent in actually wanting to help real people.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 10:32 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
Ironically Relief does not believe in therapists that accept insurance and won't give recommendations to any provider that is not paid out of pocket. I find them to be wholly incompetent in actually wanting to help real people.

I'm sorry to hear this. I know that not every service has 100% positive reviews, and I have spoken to many who have said that Relief helped them (as clients). While I may not have heard back from Relief personally as a clinician, I know they do provide help to people by connecting them to clinicians.

I wonder if the notion "therapists who accept insurance aren't competent" is one that is just commonplace; I've seen the same philosophy in other threads on this site. (I don't know if Relief operates with this idea though, and I cannot speak for them.)

coloredleaves

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 10:49 pm
I think u my get clients from psychology today if u look frum. I also think referral sources are important- rabanim, teachers, kalla teachers, a frum internist doctor- whoever makes sense based on the clients you serve. On the nefesh listserve people also ask for referrals in network and u can self refer yourself. Once you've seen a number of frum people, word of mouth grows.

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 3:18 am
amother OP wrote:
NJ and NY, and yes my clients are remote as long as they're in those states.

Can u be my therapist? I am looking for a therapist

amother
Lightgreen

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 5:24 am
amother Yellow wrote:
I have a friend who just became a LCSW. She graduated with honors and I also believe that she has a natural talent for this job. She told me she started working in a clinic.
I told her that she is so much more talented than that and I would never see a clinic SW.
she told me it is a stepping stone for her to get her name out there and eventually become private.
Not a bad idea.

I just saw a student therapist in a clinic and they were so much better than some private ones I'd been to. ]

You have to research the quality of the clinic as well
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics