Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How do I get "discovered" so I can support the community?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 10:03 pm
I think the referrals also come from community rabbanim

You can start with Rabanim who work with people who are struggling in your area, and then branch out. The fact that you take insurance is huge and if you take payment on a sliding scale for those who do not have insurance - that can also be a way to get clients in the beginning.

Also depending on what the population/ specialty you have it can be a good idea to reach out to the organizations that work with that population in your area....

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 10:14 pm
What areas do you specialize in and what modalities do you use? You’re asking how you can get clients , yet your receiving inquiries from many interested people that are potential clients and you are not answering the basics that every client will want to know before they go to a therapist.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 5:05 am
amother Cornsilk wrote:
What areas do you specialize in and what modalities do you use? You’re asking how you can get clients , yet your receiving inquiries from many interested people that are potential clients and you are not answering the basics that every client will want to know before they go to a therapist.

I'm under the impression that to provide this information here would be going against the rules of the site - but I appreciate the interest! There was so much helpful information shared here, and I truly appreciate it, I'm following through.

Highstrung

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 5:11 am
There are great therapists who practice once a week in a clinic and the rest of the time they are private . You can probably earn your reputation by working in a clinic, even though you don’t want to do that long term. Achieve Behavioral Health in Monsey is in great need of frum female therapists as far as I know.

keym

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 5:14 am
I would speak to a few Rabbanim in your city.
Also reach out to the popular Chassan and Kallah teachers in your area.

Rosie89

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 7:56 am
Try reaching out to SIMHA: https://simhahealth.org/clinic.....tion.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 8:01 am
I have a friend who just became a LCSW. She graduated with honors and I also believe that she has a natural talent for this job. She told me she started working in a clinic.
I told her that she is so much more talented than that and I would never see a clinic SW.
she told me it is a stepping stone for her to get her name out there and eventually become private.
Not a bad idea.

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 8:18 am
I wonder, does relief refer less to female practitioners? I notice that when people post relief recommendations they are often male.

paperflowers

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 8:23 am
Can you partner with a frum therapist in private practice who has an overflow?

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 8:26 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm under the impression that to provide this information here would be going against the rules of the site - but I appreciate the interest! There was so much helpful information shared here, and I truly appreciate it, I'm following through.

I think if you PM Yael about this thread, she would allow it.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 8:37 am
amother Foxglove wrote:
I wonder, does relief refer less to female practitioners? I notice that when people post relief recommendations they are often male.

I got 3 females recommended by relief.

All PhDs / PsyDs

wife101

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 8:38 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm a fully licensed therapist with 10 years of clinical experience, but all of my experience is with non-Jews (from internship through private practice). My supervisors have given me great feedback, and my clients told my supervisors good things too. I sent an application to Relief twice (once 5 years ago and once 1 year ago) but they never called or contacted me about it. I even take insurance! What do I need to do to get "discovered?"

Can you please PM me. I am currently looking for someone and would love to hear more information.

Thank you!

Just One

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 8:42 am
amother Yellow wrote:
I have a friend who just became a LCSW. She graduated with honors and I also believe that she has a natural talent for this job. She told me she started working in a clinic.
I told her that she is so much more talented than that and I would never see a clinic SW.
she told me it is a stepping stone for her to get her name out there and eventually become private.
Not a bad idea.

If she just graduated then most likely she's an LMSW. That's different than an LCSW. She needs thousands of hours of in-clinic clinical experience before she can see clients privately.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 8:45 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm a fully licensed therapist with 10 years of clinical experience, but all of my experience is with non-Jews (from internship through private practice). "

This is why you are not discovered.

You have to work with Jewish clients.

If you are a good therapist, you will be discovered by word of mouth.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 2:24 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
I think if you PM Yael about this thread, she would allow it.

I am not in the exact same situation but I am a therapist with a very specific niche. I don't take insurance but it's a short term therapeutic relationship and is worth every penny! I'm also struggling to get business.

I reached out to imamother about advertising but the rates were very high. I'm a one person shop and don't have a huge profit margin nor a real budget.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 2:28 pm
imasinger wrote:
Have you spoken to a variety of established therapists, to find out how they got their start?

Also if you network they can refer people to you when they are full.

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 2:56 pm
Here's my take from the real world. Having looked for a therapist and having referred a few other people to therapy successfully.. My first recommendation is to get a supervisor that is highly respected in the community and she/he will often refer you once s/he sees your work and is comfortable standing behind you. The second thing is to work in a clinic once a week like someone else said that really gets the word of mouth working in your favor. Once you have good word of mouth you will have too much business that you don't have what to do with. But I think a good supervisor that is very experienced in the community and people trust them is very valuable because people are always asking them for referrals. Personally as a client I had NO success with referrals from Relief. I had much better success with referrals from excellent therapists themselves, who knew other therapists and vouched for them..

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 3:15 pm
When you contacted relief did you highlight the fact that you accept insurance?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 6:45 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:
When you contacted relief did you highlight the fact that you accept insurance?

yes, listed out each insurance that I'm a participating in-network provider for.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 6:46 pm
just wanted to say thank you again, the suggestions are really helpful.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics