Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Tishu b’av Is extremely triggering for me

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:23 pm
Last year I went to the fresh grave of my baby. This year I just got out of the shloshem for a parent. All the feelings of loss and sadness is extremely overwhelming. I get so triggered when people complain about the fast and the kids and how they are counting the minutes for it to be over. My sadness isn’t over. I don’t get my baby or parent back. It feels so lonely when I realize I’m the only one that truly understands shiva and pain. I feel a such a deep pain it physically hurts.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
Last year I went to the fresh grave of my baby. This year I just got out of the shloshem for a parent. All the feelings of loss and sadness is extremely overwhelming. I get so triggered when people complain about the fast and the kids and how they are counting the minutes for it to be over. My sadness isn’t over. I don’t get my baby or parent back. It feels so lonely when I realize I’m the only one that truly understands shiva and pain. I feel a such a deep pain it physically hurts.

I’m so sorry for all the pain you are in. This is exactly what tisha B’Av is about!! Hashem please bring mashiach and end the pain!!!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:30 pm
amother Wheat wrote:
I’m so sorry for all the pain you are in. This is exactly what tisha B’Av is about!! Hashem please bring mashiach and end the pain!!!!

Tisha b’av Is about the pain of the shechina. I feel my own pain. For everyone it’s one day. For me it’s a constant. I live with this pain always.

BH Yom Yom

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:37 pm
I’m so sorry OP. Sending hugs and support.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 9:01 pm
I am so sorry, OP. I wish I could make it better somehow. Your pain is so deep and raw.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 10:05 pm
amother Amber wrote:
I am so sorry, OP. I wish I could make it better somehow. Your pain is so deep and raw.

Thank you. People know these things happened to me but there’s much more trauma beneath the surface that I can’t even write on here. Sometimes I feel like I’m in a horror movie.

BaltoMom65

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 10:08 pm
I am so sorry, your pain must be unbearable. You do not deserve this. There is truly no healing from tragedies like these. Please Hashem , bring Moshiach now and end all suffering

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 10:23 pm
I have ba"h not lost a child. But I do know that the Tisha B’Av after I lost my parent was horrific, and I was almost done with my year of aveilus. Everything felt so raw. It took me right back to aninus and the first days of shiva. And then I thought about that pain being what we're supposed to feel about the mikdash. And I started feeling that much for the mikdash and for my parent at the same time, and it was so much. I didn't know when the pain would end- wasn't I supposed to be feeling less this long after the my parent passed? It took me awhile afterward to really come out of it.

I am so so sorry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note