Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Cricut
Previous  1  2  3

Duh

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:27 pm
ittsamother wrote:
Right. You can download the program either from their website or it comes with an installation CD, and then after that you just connect your computer to the machine with a wire or Bluetooth, and there is no wifi needed

Thanks so much for this

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 11:13 pm
I was searching how to engrave on a pencil and I bumped into this. Could someone explain what this is? https://www.etsy.com/listing/1.....ick=1
Is it a file to create these pockets for pencils with wood? I'm just trying to figure out how this machine works. How do I use this file?

ittsamother

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 5:16 am
amother OP wrote:
I was searching how to engrave on a pencil and I bumped into this. Could someone explain what this is? https://www.etsy.com/listing/1.....ick=1
Is it a file to create these pockets for pencils with wood? I'm just trying to figure out how this machine works. How do I use this file?

I believe that would be used with a laser cutting machine such as a Glowforge. I think Cricut would only be able to engrave into a thin flat sheet of wood that can roll back and forth under its rollers, such as a wood veneer.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 9:58 pm
ittsamother wrote:
So I have bought two Silhouettes over the years, and they each came with an installation CD. So I think that's standard practice. Worst case it doesn't, you can download the installation file from the website onto a flashdrive and then use that to install it onto your computer. You do not need the internet whatsoever to use the Silhouette program. You can use and create your own images in it.

I am not a maven in how the Cricut and Silhouette compare, since I've only ever had the Silhouette and been totally happy with it. But I would guess in all the important features they are comparable.

I was reading reviews about the Silhouette and it appears that the roll could jam/slip easily. Do you find this to be true?

4sure

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 11:06 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Would you say the machines from both Silhouette and Cricut are comparable and that Silhouette will allow me to upload my own images if I have the program downloaded even if I'm offline?

Does Silhouette come with a CD with the program or do I also need the app? I'm stalling on purchasing one because I don't want my kids to have internet access. All responses are appreciated!

I had/have both machines. It’s apple vs android. Silhouette is more flexible but the circuit is much more of a solid machine.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 3:14 pm
4sure wrote:
I had/have both machines. It’s apple vs android. Silhouette is more flexible but the circuit is much more of a solid machine.

Does the Silhouette cut nicely? Could the roll slip while cutting? TIA

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 6:39 am
Can I earn money by owning a Cricut? Can I personalize stuff with it? like school supplies? is there a way to utilize this machine to earn money?

amother
Molasses

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 6:56 am
amother OP wrote:
Can I earn money by owning a Cricut? Can I personalize stuff with it? like school supplies? is there a way to utilize this machine to earn money?

I made lots of money with my cricut. I’m Not gonna say what I did, but I found a niche product that people need and found a way to sell a lot.

I know someone who sells school supplies and personalized gifts. It’s a bit hard because it requires a website, advertising and dealing with each order separately.

I also did some GO sweaters, shabbaton swag, ect. Lately lots more people bought the machine so the customers not knocking on the door anymore.

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 7:02 am
You can definitely make money with the machine if you know what you're doing and you're good. Personally, I have not even tried to make any money with my machine. I just use it as a happy. I do have some products that I've made that are really nice and I know if I need I could start selling them but so far haven't had the time so I just use it as a hobby.

It's also very very popular right now and lots of young girls have it so it's not such a specialized product anymore.

Example, last year my kids got so many personalized mishloach manos because their teacher kids or sisters had cricuts.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 7:17 am
Thanks for the replies!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 10:11 pm
Which model of the cricut is best when buying it, to use it to earn money?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics