Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
PSA-Diaper Changes Frequency
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:33 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
I dont understand. You must spend your entire day changing daipers!
How often are you changing the children in your care?
And how do you know they are wet?

I know, it's a diaper daycare! Where the kids spend their days constantly getting their diapers changed and being felt up & checked by the morah to make sure they're never wet for even a second!!

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 2:03 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
I know, it's a diaper daycare! Where the kids spend their days constantly getting their diapers changed and being felt up & checked by the morah to make sure they're never wet for even a second!!

Poor kids. Sounds traumatic and I hope they don't have lifelong issues from this

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:10 pm
amother Copper wrote:
Poor kids. Sounds traumatic and I hope they don't have lifelong issues from this

We don't need to poke fun here, its inappropriate. OP may be a bit overzealous with diaper changing, but we can disagree respectfully with her viewpoint.

We each have our hangups. No one appreciates being the butt of anyones jokes. You wouldn't appreciate it, I wouldn't either and neither does OP

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:19 pm
It seems pretty obvious by this point that she isn’t really a playgroup Morah

realsilver

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 5:17 pm
octopus wrote:
My kids generally do not sleep through, and when they wake up I right away change them. And if they do sleep through they usually have the beginning of a rash as soon as they do a number 2. I can't wait to toilet train because all my diaper rash woes go away mostly when they are wearing cotton against their skin. I understand that not everyone's kids have such sensitive skin, (I am NOT op) but I generally don't take anything that daycare does as a "guideline." Daycares and babysitters generally change the least as possible.

they might be allergic to something in the pampers.
Have you tried hypoallergenic pampers? tried switching companies? not using wipes, only warm water?

amother
Skyblue

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 5:19 pm
I'm still waiting to hear how often OP changes diapers in her daycare. How many diapers per kid on average daily.

amother
Skyblue

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 5:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
It’s not really how many hours in between rather it’s more about using your common sense and if you see a wet diaper to change it. When a toddler has a wet diaper you quickly slip on the dry diaper faster then you can say the word “diaper” and move on. It’s about being attuned to their needs and caring for them. A comfortable toddler is a happy toddler. And yes for a comfortable toddler it takes more then a diaper change….. Smile

I've yet to see a toddler who allows you to just quickly slip on a diaper faster than you can say the word diaper.

So either you aren't a morah or you scare them into submission.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 5:23 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
We don't need to poke fun here, its inappropriate. OP may be a bit overzealous with diaper changing, but we can disagree respectfully with her viewpoint.

We each have our hangups. No one appreciates being the butt of anyones jokes. You wouldn't appreciate it, I wouldn't either and neither does OP

I'm not joking. I'm seriously sad for those kids and I really worry about them.

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 5:30 pm
I think op is under estimating how much time goes by. She’s not realizing that 3 hrs has gone by. 3 hrs= 2 diaper changes while in play group.
But I do agree that SOMETIMES I’ve seen toddlers with hanging diapers that’s obvious they haven’t been changed in a while and desperately need a diaper change.
I feel so bad, but I don’t say a word, because mayb the mom forgot to bring enough diapers with her and is now stuck.
But I think op is not realizing the time that goes by.
BTDT- I’m working hard at my job and all of a sudden the day is gone.

octopus

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 5:41 pm
amother Copper wrote:
Again louder in the back no!!!!! It's not necessary and it shouldn't be done. I don't know anyone like you in real life. I didn't even know people like this existed. Well I did think it was possibility that some people freaked out over urine and it was a possibility someone might be yanking diapers off a toddler the second they urinate.

Also I'm a bit disturbed. How do you know it's even slightly wet when a child is dressed? Are you feeling them up all day? Peaking in diapers all day? Sounds too close to molestation the obsession with their private parts and how dry it is.

Oh please. That's ridiculous. Talk about stirring the pot.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 12:49 am
amother Freesia wrote:
I think op is under estimating how much time goes by. She’s not realizing that 3 hrs has gone by. 3 hrs= 2 diaper changes while in play group.
But I do agree that SOMETIMES I’ve seen toddlers with hanging diapers that’s obvious they haven’t been changed in a while and desperately need a diaper change.
I feel so bad, but I don’t say a word, because mayb the mom forgot to bring enough diapers with her and is now stuck.
But I think op is not realizing the time that goes by.
BTDT- I’m working hard at my job and all of a sudden the day is gone.

I'm a Morah and would never leave a child with a hanging diaper even if they've run out. I have spare ones in my house, always as a back up.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 3:31 am
OP do you are also check your kids through the night???

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 8:38 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
I'm a Morah and would never leave a child with a hanging diaper even if they've run out. I have spare ones in my house, always as a back up.

I have never left my child in a hanging diaper, and in fact the only time she has a hanging diaper is right when she wakes up in the morning, sometimes. And I don’t change it every hour. She gets changed when she wakes up in morning, before her nap, after her nap, sometime between then and bedtime, and right before bed. And of course if she has a dirty diaper. That’s 5-6 times a day. Out of 24 hours. And her diaper has never been hanging.

The fact that this thread is 6 pages long is so baffling to me, but then again I’m helping it grow with this post

amother
Steelblue

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 10:16 am
amother Jasmine wrote:
I assume no one wears pants in this daycare and their diapers are all out so that Morah can see as soon as there's a hint of blue.

It's a blast for the kids who enjoy taking off their own diapers and going commando TMI

bnm

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 10:24 am
Had one student who leaked every 1.5 hours if we didnt change hourly. Other kids can sit in the same pamper all day- mother didnt even send wipes. Kid had a very slow digestive system. On average I change infants 3-5 times. Toddlers is less. They have 2 set times then its as needed.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 12:34 pm
amother Almond wrote:
I have never left my child in a hanging diaper, and in fact the only time she has a hanging diaper is right when she wakes up in the morning, sometimes. And I don’t change it every hour. She gets changed when she wakes up in morning, before her nap, after her nap, sometime between then and bedtime, and right before bed. And of course if she has a dirty diaper. That’s 5-6 times a day. Out of 24 hours. And her diaper has never been hanging.

The fact that this thread is 6 pages long is so baffling to me, but then again I’m helping it grow with this post

I'm not agreeing with op! I was quoting a post that said that if the kid doesn't have anymore diapers then they don't change them.
I change my own toddler around 4/5 times a day. I'm with you on this one. It's ridiculous already!
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics