Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What Mosdos can u recommend for my Family in South Florida?
Previous  1  2

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 7:39 am
amother Mimosa wrote:
Why does Chassidish = frummest?

I chafed at this too. Chasiddish people are not more frum than non chasiddish people even if thr levush seems to put them in a different category. More sheltered, more minhag focused may have been what you meant to say OP

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 7:41 am
amother Gold wrote:
My kids adjusted much better than expected.

Back and forth? I’m not worried about her kids adjusting to Miami, I’m concerned about how they’ll adjust on the way back. Not just saying this I’ve watched a family have a very very hard time (think the cheider asking a young child to leave, needing to send to a super chilled school etc when the came back. They ended up moving out of town again a few years later).

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 7:58 am
amother Tuberose wrote:
Back and forth? I’m not worried about her kids adjusting to Miami, I’m concerned about how they’ll adjust on the way back. Not just saying this I’ve watched a family have a very very hard time (think the cheider asking a young child to leave, needing to send to a super chilled school etc when the came back. They ended up moving out of town again a few years later).

No we plan on staying in Florida. Can't imagine going back to NY. LOL

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 8:16 am
There are no "mosdos" in S. Florida.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 8:28 am
amother Gold wrote:
No we plan on staying in Florida. Can't imagine going back to NY. LOL

Right I don’t think a 5 year old will have a hard time moving to a more open school etc. but how is he going back to a totally sheltered school. Unless op is more relaxed chassidish to begin with, then it’s maybe less of an issue. Still at those ages the Yiddish can be hard to adjust back and forth. He’ll be moving back as an 8 year old…

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 8:36 am
amother Fuchsia wrote:
There are no "mosdos" in S. Florida.

Right because there is no one chassidis here (no viznitz, belz, sanz..).

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 8:39 am
amother Tuberose wrote:
Right I don’t think a 5 year old will have a hard time moving to a more open school etc. but how is he going back to a totally sheltered school. Unless op is more relaxed chassidish to begin with, then it’s maybe less of an issue. Still at those ages the Yiddish can be hard to adjust back and forth. He’ll be moving back as an 8 year old…

My family has kept up with, and no pressure to change at all, our levush and so forth but it's true that going back to an in town school will probably be a harder adjustment. Here in South Florida there are so many types. In school you hear Hebrew, Spanish, French, Yiddish..some mothers only were a mishoachat, tichel, sheitel...it's hard to stand out because there are so many different types. It's a beautiful thing but going back to a school, even a community, where it's more perhaps insular or just similar type, may pose a challenge to the kids and even adults.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 6:58 pm
My kids experienced going back to chasidish school/yeshiva after living out of town. It was an adjustment, but nothing major. I would advise you though, to continue speaking Yiddish to them at home, so they are fluent when they go back to chasidish schools. Good luck!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating