Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Nishmas

Surkie

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 1:42 pm
I starting saying Nishmas as a zechus for a relative. I understand that I'm supposed to be saying it for 40 consecutive days, but is the regular Nishmas that I say for Shacharis on Shabbos included as one of the days? Do I have to say it an extra time on Shabbos? I feel weird asking my Rov because I'm pretty sure he's not into this stuff.

corolla

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 1:44 pm
Surkie wrote:
I starting saying Nishmas as a zechus for a relative. I understand that I'm supposed to be saying it for 40 consecutive days, but is the regular Nishmas that I say for Shacharis on Shabbos included as one of the days? Do I have to say it an extra time on Shabbos? I feel weird asking my Rov because I'm pretty sure he's not into this stuff.

No, as far as I heard, it's not included because it's part of davening. When you say Nishmas, it's an extra to your normal davening, so you'd need to say it again.

Surkie

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 2:04 pm
So does that mean that I should add more days of saying it as per each Shabbos I didn't? Did I "break the chain" of 40 days? In general my upbringing was not into the whole segulah business, so I'm kind of out here on my own with this....

corolla

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 11:18 am
Surkie wrote:
So does that mean that I should add more days of saying it as per each Shabbos I didn't? Did I "break the chain" of 40 days? In general my upbringing was not into the whole segulah business, so I'm kind of out here on my own with this....

I don't know, but personally, I would start over, from the beginning, since the idea is to say it for 40 consecutive days.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 12:26 pm
I'm not so sure about having to start again. I've been part of different endeavors (not Nishmas) and was told to just add an extra week. Or for one Tehillim initiative, say the perek twice the next day.

AishesChayil1

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 12:06 am
What's the segula for saying Nishmas? I've heard of people saying it, but I don't know what the exact segula is.

Also, where does Nishmas end? What are the last few words?

Thanks you and hatzlacha.

ImmaBubby

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 12:56 am
This is amazing-
Been part of Imamother for a few years and never saw anyone post about Nishmas till tonight- reminding me that I forgot to say it today!

I heard that while it’s obviously best to say it for 40 days consecutively, people are people so if you forget a day, just another day at the end.
You say through Yishtabach but stop before the final Bracha.
It’s a segula for yeshuos.

Thank you daughter coming home from seminary with this gem…

Smile1234

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 1:03 am
Not toras moshe misinai but a nishmas chat I’m in says that saying nishmas in shabbos davening is counted

AishesChayil1

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 1:12 am
ImmaBubby wrote:
This is amazing-
Been part of Imamother for a few years and never saw anyone post about Nishmas till tonight- reminding me that I forgot to say it today!

I heard that while it’s obviously best to say it for 40 days consecutively, people are people so if you forget a day, just another day at the end.
You say through Yishtabach but stop before the final Bracha.
It’s a segula for yeshuos.

Thank you daughter coming home from seminary with this gem…

Thank you. Have you seen yeshuos from saying this?

mom2mysouls

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 1:21 am
AishesChayil1 wrote:

My daughters friend said it for a shidduch and found one right after. I said it for finding a house, but every time I started, I missed a day. Eventually I stopped counting and just said it and we found BH.

ImmaBubby

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 1:24 am
AishesChayil1 wrote:

Put in the perspective that HaShem has done a great job running the world for the past 5783 years, I’m going to answer yes because maybe my cheshbonos of what was “best” weren’t the right ones and really the best is further along on the journey than my 40 days of Nishmas. But there have been many lights along the way to remind me that HaShem is holding our hands on the journey.
I think that we need to bear in mind that it’s not like 3 wishes from Aladdin’s lamp…

AishesChayil1

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 1:35 am
Should you say it during the day or at night? Or does it not matter?

ImmaBubby

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 1:44 am
I’m not sure it matters- I know my daughter says it before she goes to sleep.

Surkie

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 7:36 am
😬 I didn't know Yishtabach is included!! I was concerned about saying Hashem's name לבטלה. I guess I'll finish my 40 count and then do another cycle. Thanks everyone for the information.

ImmaBubby

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 8:14 am
On the copies that I have gotten from various organizations it has Yishtabach through “me’ata v’ad olam.

ImmaBubby

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 8:16 am
Last year Ohel Sarala and Bonei Olam ad a 40 day Nishmas program and they sent a tutorial before it started. That’s where I got my info- I was a first-timer then.

Gt

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 8:24 am
Asking because I genuinely want to understand- where is the source for saying nishmas as a segeulah for a salvation ? I understand the concept of nishmas to thank H when the salvation comes. I understand the concept (on its own not just re nishmas) of 40 days. My question is what is the source for specifically Nishmas for 40 days as a segulah before the salvation ? I asked an admin of a big nishmas group and she told me she doesn’t know. She addressed the two points above which I already knew , but didn’t know the answer to the specific question.
I’m looking for answers in earnest .
Thank you and May everyone see complete yeshuos soon !

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:53 am
Gt wrote:
Asking because I genuinely want to understand- where is the source for saying nishmas as a segeulah for a salvation ? I understand the concept of nishmas to thank H when the salvation comes. I understand the concept (on its own not just re nishmas) of 40 days. My question is what is the source for specifically Nishmas for 40 days as a segulah before the salvation ? I asked an admin of a big nishmas group and she told me she doesn’t know. She addressed the two points above which I already knew , but didn’t know the answer to the specific question.
I’m looking for answers in earnest .
Thank you and May everyone see complete yeshuos soon !

I haven't heard this but I would guess it's to thank Hashem. Just like you use these words to thank Hashem when you see the yeshua, you thank Hashem during these 40 days to recognize that He is looking out for our best interests every single day.

lovingmother

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 9:45 am
The way I understand it is that by saying this every day I gain from it to the point of internalizing (hopefully) how good Hashem is to me, so that I have more clarity on the outcome I have (even if it's not what I was hoping for). I think the whole point is it increases our recognition of how lucky we are.
I personally experienced something similar to what I was asking for once, and another time I didn't "get" what I wanted but I like to say it to keep my perspective on things.

However based on what I'm reading I may have been doing it wrong, I didn't know you say it until Yishtabach. Where can you find exact "instructions" on how to do this properly?

Thanks!

Crv

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 11:32 pm
Hi, I saw I think in the Nishmas book written by Yisrael Besser published by Artscroll that he says this Segula ftom R chaim kanievsky or his Rebetzin. And he said the best time to say it is right after chatzos of the day. It's basically to thank Hashem for all and thsnk Him in advance for your yeshuos etc
May we all be zoche to share in the ultimate Geula vyeshua very very very soon!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics