Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Defective product

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 9:20 am
I bought an expensive light fixture— a few weeks after it was installed crystals started falling from it. I think five in total fell over the last few months, at random times once hitting a kid (they are heavy too), and once spilling food and staining my curtains. The store said a few customers had the same problem but they won’t give my money back, but if I want I can pay them $400 to have their installers come back and fix the light. I want it gone. How can I trust it won’t happen again? It’s not safe and it’s causing me too much on damaged. What do I do? Can I take up with my credit card? Call the company? Any ideas? Wish I could find the others this happened to and together try to get the store to take responsibility. It’s very upsetting and too much money to waste

happy chick

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 9:27 am
If the store knew it could be problematic, they should have told you before you purchased it.

But now, I would try taking it up with the company. You'll have better luck with them, especially if it a a drum store.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 9:28 am
I think when I bought it this was a newish product and they didn’t have complaints yet, but over the last few months the complaints started coming in.

happy chick

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 9:31 am
amother OP wrote:
I think when I bought it this was a newish product and they didn’t have complaints yet, but over the last few months the complaints started coming in.

Ok, that makes sense. Still better to go to the company.

But I hope they stop selling this particular fixture.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 9:33 am
Go to the company. We had a problem with a light fixture as well... The company ended up replacing it for us. After the second one was defective as well they sent us a check for the fixture amount of almost 1k

amother
Azalea

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 9:33 am
I would bother them until they take responsibility!! Totally inadmissible!

If that doesn't work, call manufacturer.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 9:35 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:
Go to the company. We had a problem with a light fixture as well... The company ended up replacing it for us. After the second one was defective as well they sent us a check for the fixture amount of almost 1k

You just called the random number on their website? I’m gonna try that. But I wouldn’t even want it replaced! Why Risk it again? It was over 3k

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 10:34 am
Wow, this is not my area of expertise but that sounds extremely surprising. For such an expensive product somethings doesn't sound right & I'm surprised a full refund isn't offered (a chandelier which is falling apart???)

I'm a very polite person & try to not cause a fuss. But I don't think I would let this go & one can still be polite yet assertive.
I would try to prepare by speaking with someone/ a friend/ someone more street smart who's familiar with this kind of thing who can advise what should or shouldn't be said. Perhaps asking to speak with the manager & keep asking for someone the next level up until taken seriously.

amother
Holly

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 10:43 am
amother OP wrote:
You just called the random number on their website? I’m gonna try that. But I wouldn’t even want it replaced! Why Risk it again? It was over 3k

For that kind of money I’d send a very strongly worded letter to teh store. Sent via fedex. Bette r is a lawyer friend writes it. Put them on notice that it is a danger. Cal teh manufacturer as well. If it’s a real danger maybe take it down
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics