Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
I’m losing it from their sleep habits
Previous  1  2

camp123

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 12:58 pm
Are they already over tired when they go to bed. Sometimes we get tired and then if we are up our body fights the tiredness and v doesn't know when to stop fighting. They probably need to catch up on sleep and not be so tired to learn how to fall asleep again. It might be worth using melatonin short term.
Also exercise during the day and lots of sunlight in the morning .

amother
Banana

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 1:50 pm
Don’t waste your time trying anything new right now. After Succos, take that first full week of school and wake everyone up every morning at a designated time of your choosing. 7:00, 7:30, whatever. They all have to get out of bed. Then beginning 7:30 at night you start your wind down routine, baths and calm activities, no strenuous exercise or loud noise or bright lights.

Deep Blue

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 7:43 am
OP are you in a better place now after YT?
I have found success with a vitamin combo: Bluebonnet magnesium vitamin d calcium chelate. It is known as an alternative to melatonin.

amother
White

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 11:49 am
I would love to use melatonin for these kind of nights (and yes, I very much relate to op) but my kids refuse- says it help them fall asleep but then they wake up like 3-4 am.
I give about 1/4 mg for 10 year old.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 11:52 am
Tart Cherry either in liquid or supplement form is a natural melatonin. It’s calms the body and puts it in this wonderful sleepy state. I take it all the time and it’s amazing - highly recommend

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 12:00 pm
Why are you so against melatonin OP? You’ve reached a crazy state already, it’s time to let up and just use it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children