Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Help with losing supplies

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 3:41 pm
Anyone have success with any methods helping an absent minded kid not lose things like pencils, erasers, sharpeners etc..? Child is 10 and says they put it in a safe place but it somehow always gets lost. Don’t have this issue with my other kids and I’m getting tired of having to supply new supplies daily. And it’s not like I can say you lost your pencil too bad, it’s necessary for class.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 3:53 pm
I have a kid like this too
I laugh about it because I was the exact same way as a kid
When I was a little older (5th/6th grade) I worked really hard to become more organized and conscientious
Hopefully my son will as well!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 5:47 pm
Anyone with ideas? Really need to find a solution

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 5:51 pm
Does each item have her name in it?

613mitzvahgirl

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 5:55 pm
Maybe label things discretely, like each of their kids label everything with that colored sticker- like a Siman. And write a list of how many of each item he/she has- like a checklist snd tell your kid to check it off as she/ he puts them away.
Hatzlocha, you are doing great. We’ve all been there done that in life.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 5:58 pm
Each thing is very clearly labeled. Doesn't make a difference it just disappears.

Maybe I can make a checklist as a reminder to check that each thing was put away. I'll try that.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 6:46 pm
Has this been an ongoing issue or only recently? I've had kids who share desks or cubbies with another student, and the other student takes my kids supplies without permission.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:30 pm
amother Rose wrote:
Has this been an ongoing issue or only recently? I've had kids who share desks or cubbies with another student, and the other student takes my kids supplies without permission.

Ongoing. But twice a book went missing and I was adamant the school search the other kid's cubbies and bags and both times another kid had the book. So I do sometimes wonder if people can be taking the stuff. Because the claim is they go missing. I don't know. But they are all labeled but this kid won't go around checking if their name is on stuff on another kid's desk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children