Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Home insurance experts: Roof damage from April 1 Hail Storm?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 6:57 pm
Home insurance experts:

Because all New Jersey homeowners have Hail-Wind coverage on their homeowners policy, if your home had roof damage from this past April 1 Hail Storm, you may be covered by your insurance company for Roof repair/replacement?

And it doesnt make your premium go up because it was an "Act of G-d"?

Has anyone heard that? Or is this a rumor?

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:08 pm
I got a new roof. I hope our rates won't go up.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:38 pm
If this is the Lakewood/Jackson area, can you tell me which roofer did the roof, and are you happy with his work?

How much would the roof work have cost?

tia

esuss

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:41 pm
Hail

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
If this is the Lakewood/Jackson area, can you tell me which roofer did the roof, and are you happy with his work?

How much would the roof work have cost?

tia

Jackson

We used emgee. I unfortunately have a little too much experience with roofers, and emgee wins hands down!

I assume roof price depends on the size of your house etc but it was in the 10-15k range.

We also worked with an adjuster, which I recommend. They take 10% of the claim, but it was worth it to me not to have any headache whatsoever.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:57 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
Jackson

We used emgee. I unfortunately have a little too much experience with roofers, and emgee wins hands down!

I assume roof price depends on the size of your house etc but it was in the 10-15k range.

We also worked with an adjuster, which I recommend. They take 10% of the claim, but it was worth it to me not to have any headache whatsoever.

Thanks!

Is it true that people's home insurance pays all of it besides like 500-1000 deductible?

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 11:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks!

Is it true that people's home insurance pays all of it besides like 500-1000 deductible?

Yes. We had a 1k deductible and then had to pay 10% of the insurance payment to the adjusters. So the roof wasn't free, but it was a whole lot cheaper.

And yes, our roof was at the end of its life before the storm but the storm was the last straw and it really did need to be replaced.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries