Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Help me with my scheduling now that I got rid of my iPhone

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 10:53 am
I just switched to a flip phone. My biggest issue now is that I became so reliant on my notepad app to help me keep on task with all my "to do's" and now I am not sure what to do. My new phone has a notepad app but I don't think it will work for what I need.

I could probably get a notebook but then I'd have to lug it around with me everywhere? Also, then I'd have to write each list down from scratch... My system with my notepad app was that my daily/weekly/Shabbos prep lists were all saved there and I could just copy/paste and then customize for that day with minimal effort. I also loved the feeling of deleting an item off the list when I completed it and that as the day went on the list would get shorter. Also, my phone is generally with me around the house or when I go out so I always had it handy without remembering to bring an additional thing with me, or shlepping around anything besides my phone which I had anyway.

I feel silly that this is my biggest hangup when getting rid of a smart phone. I feel a little inadequate that I can't manage my life well at all without ALL MY LISTS and that I can literally forget to do things if my lists don't remind me.

Any ideas? Please help me embarrassed

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 11:04 am
Get a notepad that fits into your pocketbook.

Kudos to you!

Hashem will give you siyatta d'shmaya.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 1:19 pm
I'm not sure a notebook will work so well for me... especially one small enough for my purse (which is not very big)

Anyone have any other ideas?

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 1:21 pm
Can you continue using your iPhone just for technical stuff like scheduling? Stuff that works without service

singleagain

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 1:28 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
Can you continue using your iPhone just for technical stuff like scheduling? Stuff that works without service

Yes or any old smart phone with the correct app. Just keep it in airplane mode.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 3:21 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Get a notepad that fits into your pocketbook.

Kudos to you!

Hashem will give you siyatta d'shmaya.

That’s what I did before my smartphone 😆

amother
Moonstone

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 3:48 pm
I have a flip phone and use a daily planner I found a great one on Amazon I keep it in my purse or car and write all my appts and what I need to do each day it has the date and enough lines under each day to write what you need to do

singleagain

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 3:53 pm
Lexibook Touchman, PDA Organizer with Schedule, Calendar, Alarm, 6 Language Translator, Unit Conversion, Calculator, Supplied with PC Connection kit, Batterie, 4, Silver, TM284 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P.....ss_tl

If you're really don't want to use an old phone.... You can get a PDA this one is only 20 bucks

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 4:18 pm
Good for you, op!!!

Which flip phone did you get?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics