Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Bubble
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 7:03 am
Chayalle wrote:
Honestly he sounds off. Not in a bubble. OFF. I don't know anyone who behaves like this, and I've been living in Lakewood for alot of years.

I sure hope he was off.
The fact that there’s someone here who thinks that he did nothing wrong is evidence of a bubble to me…

mig100

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 7:04 am
GLUE wrote:
Can you explain why you would want your kid to go to school before Primary?
Why is it such a big deal if kids are still in playgroup at that age?I don't understand all the people who are trying to push that schools should start classes at 3.

Another thing: About 20 years ago there was a push that playgroups should start at 9:20 and end at 2:05. Many Morhas agreed to do this and the next year playgroup prices rose a lot more then normal, because as some Morhas explained that they are now working 15-20 minutes more.
Last year many playgroups went up more then normal and many playgroups cut there hours, that is why the people are talking about this now parents feel they are being ripped off.

Because if u have a few kids not in school yet then it's a lot of drop off and pick ups. Many people have 3 kids , some more, not in school. That means 2 different buses for girls and boys schools and 3 drop offs..

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 7:07 am
amother Hosta wrote:
See, this right here is an example of a bubble. He DID do something wrong, and it's problematic that you can't see it or that you think the non-Jews don't dislike us for saying things like this.
I don't dislike him, I don't know the guy, but I was embarrassed. He did make a loud announcement, essentially telling his kids that the non-Jews were bad, because why else would he tell them not to play there??

So a person did something off therefore thousands of people who live in his town must be exactly like him? How do you figure? What type of bubble do you live in that you think the world is all about bubbles and no one is an individual? This is a really naive and immature way of thinking.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 7:08 am
amother Hosta wrote:
I sure hope he was off.
The fact that there’s someone here who thinks that he did nothing wrong is evidence of a bubble to me…

And when non Jews yell anti semitic remarks to Jews - are they also "living in a bubble"?

Not every thing a person does wrong can be traced to living in a bubble.

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 7:17 am
amother Kiwi wrote:
Progesterone is basic high school biology

But anyway that was far from the only comment she made. Believe she me she is very sheltered and naive.

Unrelated to general knowledge, but to prove the bubble, one time she came with her kids to visit us in the summer (we don't live in lkwd anymore). We were going to the park and she like "it is so scary to walk here! There are so many g*yim!" I almost burst out laughing

KIwi, Sorry to say this but YOU are the one in a bubble.

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 7:38 am
amother Floralwhite wrote:
So a person did something off therefore thousands of people who live in his town must be exactly like him? How do you figure? What type of bubble do you live in that you think the world is all about bubbles and no one is an individual? This is a really naive and immature way of thinking.

Did I say that thousands of people who live in his town (including me, btw) are exactly like him? No. But I do believe that his attitude and his inability to censor himself in front of said "g0yim" stems from an attitude that is pervasive among many others. I wouldn't (and don't) ascribe one person's bad behavior to a "bubble" but I've seen enough similar attitudes to believe that it comes from that. Maybe I'm wrong.

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 7:39 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
And when non Jews yell anti semitic remarks to Jews - are they also "living in a bubble"?

Not every thing a person does wrong can be traced to living in a bubble.

Well, that depends on how you define "living in a bubble," but sure, anti-Semites can live in a bubble of sorts where they believe that all Jews are bad for whatever reason. Jews aren't the only ones who can live in a bubble.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries