Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Anglo Chareidi Communities?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 12:39 am
There are no yeshivish out of town schools in rbs with sports. The most yeshivish people and the american israeli kollel familes, all want to send to the israeli bais yaakovs and israeli yeshivahs
Darchei noam is not yeshivish, its american amazing principal and magen avot is definetly not. Netzach is modern, not sure why that was suggested they follow israel state curriculum. 99 percent of these kids are going to yeshiva gedola in rbs and getting at least some bagruot (state tests). Chareidi boys do not take Bagruot its considered modern because you need them for a degree. Im not saying its right or wrong. Also places like magen avot get olim and and get a modern israeli crowd who want to be more american. Magen avot is an amazing school, amazing rebbeim the boys play tons of sports, and totally follow sports. Parents all have smartphones, which is not accepted in the israeli yeshivish chareidi world. Bais Eliyahu is israeli and its considered the best place for very frum americans and israelis, its still not yeshivish. there is zero sports, I think they learn math like 3 times a week and maybe one other english subject. You would need to sign him up for chugim (after school activities) but its not in the middle of the day like american schools. There is also peer pressure to have american brands and more materialism in some of these schools (not beis eliyahu) but for that you gotta know ur kids. The top top boys from these american schools will go to regular yeshivish chareidi israeli high schools and learn all day.

For girls its much easier

Whatever you do come check them all out first see the kids the parents the school meet the principals

Reality

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 2:49 am
amother Watermelon wrote:
There are no yeshivish out of town schools in rbs with sports. The most yeshivish people and the american israeli kollel familes, all want to send to the israeli bais yaakovs and israeli yeshivahs
Darchei noam is not yeshivish, its american amazing principal and magen avot is definetly not. Netzach is modern, not sure why that was suggested they follow israel state curriculum. 99 percent of these kids are going to yeshiva gedola in rbs and getting at least some bagruot (state tests). Chareidi boys do not take Bagruot its considered modern because you need them for a degree. Im not saying its right or wrong. Also places like magen avot get olim and and get a modern israeli crowd who want to be more american. Magen avot is an amazing school, amazing rebbeim the boys play tons of sports, and totally follow sports. Parents all have smartphones, which is not accepted in the israeli yeshivish chareidi world. Bais Eliyahu is israeli and its considered the best place for very frum americans and israelis, its still not yeshivish. there is zero sports, I think they learn math like 3 times a week and maybe one other english subject. You would need to sign him up for chugim (after school activities) but its not in the middle of the day like american schools. There is also peer pressure to have american brands and more materialism in some of these schools (not beis eliyahu) but for that you gotta know ur kids. The top top boys from these american schools will go to regular yeshivish chareidi israeli high schools and learn all day.

For girls its much easier

Whatever you do come check them all out first see the kids the parents the school meet the principals

Bais Eliyahu parents also have smart phones. It's all a joke.

I think the meaning of OOT yeshivish is the issue here. In my mind OOT yeshivish means more open, valuing a secular education, etc. Which is exactly why I recommended the schools I did. These are schools that the trajectory of most boys is to stay in learning post high school but they have a secular education in their back pocket for the future.

What does OOT yeshivish mean to you?

salt

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 3:49 am
Reality wrote:
It is and you will find a place for yourself and your kids. If you open your own eyes a little wider, you may discover that your hashkafah overall may align better with a right wing DL school but only if you can get past the clothing differences. If it's too hard for you, I understand.

The clothing difference is small.
The big difference is army service. DL school can be as right wing as it wants religious-wise, but army service is a big and important part of DL hashkafa.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions