Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What's the point of this scam?
Previous  1  2

qwerty4

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 8:24 pm
My sister had this. She was creeped out.

schoolbus

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 9:04 pm
Chinese sellers do it often on amazon. If you ever ordered from AliExpress they probably got your name and address from there

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 9:17 pm
amother Green wrote:
This happened to me. It didn't show in my account but did show on my credit card. Apparently the scammer opened a new account linked to my account and was able to use the cc on my account to order stuff. I don't know if it coming to me was a mistake or intentional but if intentional sometimes they do it as practice to see if they will get caught.

If it's on your cc, take my advice and dispute it with the cc company rather than Amazon. Amazon customer service was a nightmare and I gave up getting my money back.

Oh wow!! Thanks!

amother
Green

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 9:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
Oh wow!! Thanks!
Forgot to say -- we weren't sure if the scammer had access to our cc number or not. Amazon said they put a hold on that account. We decided not to cancel the card but keep an eye on every charge. There were no more fraudulent charges so we surmised that he was able to use it by linking the account but he couldn't actually see the cc number and steal it to use elsewhere. This saved us the huge headache of having to cancel the card.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics