Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
My 13 yr old dd wants to put nailpolish on her feet
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Iymnok

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 12:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
Just got her few colors in a local drug store shes on high ! Shelk try it for shabbes and weekend I think its enough for a start . I also told her that her feet need to be covered all the time meaning that if she has nailpolish on her toesies its only for her own pleasure and no one else... Thx again to all our imas for taking time to comment on this issue of mine it might sound like a silly issue to you but to me it was huge since I never dealt with such a young teen wanting this ...

Perfect!

Fox

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 1:49 pm
I don't need to reiterate all the great responses, but this brought back a memory. We're yeshivish, for clarification.

One of my daughters was fascinated with nail polish, etc, at around the same age. She got a few nail polish colors and did her own toenails, but she wanted to do more artsy things with it.

I let her do my toenails, and she painted them a shimmery emerald green with bright pink dots. For a few months, I had constantly rotating "looks" for my feet. The phase passed, and she's now an upstanding bas Yisroel with children, k"ah.

Now I look back and sometimes miss my emerald green toes!

SuperWify

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 2:44 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
Women get a manicure without polish.
Many women do wear polish on their toenails.

This is literally what op asked about.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 3:07 pm
SuperWify wrote:
This is literally what op asked about.

Correct.
That post was not a response to OP's post.

amother
Clematis

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:54 pm
AllThings wrote:

I try to remember to ask Hashem (out loud - for my 3 yr old's sake) on the way home from picking up the kids, please Hashem, give us a good parking spot right available for us when we get home (parking is impossible where I live at the time we generally get home).

I always ask the KBH to provide a good parking spot for my dc when they visit. We live in a very congested area where street parking is a nightmare, and parking in a commercial lot is not only inconvenient but also extremely costly.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 7:40 pm
The Rebbetzin Chaya Mushka in Lubavitch wore red nail polish. That was the fashion at that time. I asked the rov - any usual color is permitted. It might not be allowed at school - that's for a uniform look, not for tsnius - but in Lubavitch, nail polish isn;t ossur. Neither is a pedicure.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:43 pm
Fox wrote:
I don't need to reiterate all the great responses, but this brought back a memory. We're yeshivish, for clarification.

One of my daughters was fascinated with nail polish, etc, at around the same age. She got a few nail polish colors and did her own toenails, but she wanted to do more artsy things with it.

I let her do my toenails, and she painted them a shimmery emerald green with bright pink dots. For a few months, I had constantly rotating "looks" for my feet. The phase passed, and she's now an upstanding bas Yisroel with children, k"ah.

Now I look back and sometimes miss my emerald green toes!

I take it, you wore tights or closed shoes? Lol
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children