Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Can’t stop eating!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 3:16 pm
12 weeks pregnant and seriously out of control. I’m HUNGRYYYY. Not talking about constant snacks, I’m talking meals. All day I feel the NEED for carbs- pasta, pizza, bagels, etc. I’ve gained 10 pounds in the last 2 months. I don’t know what it is. From the morning until the night I’m in a perpetual state of wanting food. I don’t think it’s physical, it’s in my mind and I can’t get it out! In the last 2 years I’ve gained close to 30 pounds. I feel horrible, look horrible, and keep thinking this is rock bottom but I have no will power to make the changes that need to be made. I need something to set me straight! Please help!

amother
Milk

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 3:22 pm
This is not a time for dieting but if you feel the eating you are doing is not physical hunger but some sort of emotional eating, perhaps examine your feelings -- what are you anxious, nervous, upset, or scared about? Also, keep busy and away from food. Out of site and out of mind is out of the mouth.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 3:27 pm
Def been going through a rough time recently. Lack of strength to just pull it together and exhibit self control. I’m just so tired , emotionally and physically, and food makes me happy. The thing is, being overweight really doesn’t make me happy. So it’s a pretty dumb cycle.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 3:53 pm
Your blood sugar is prob our of whack.
Cortisol too.
It's not emotional, it's neurochemical.
Let go of the guilt and shame and biohack it.

S-HappyMama

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 4:16 pm
That is so challenging! It’s really rough when something takes up so much headspace.
If you’ve ruled out anything medical, which is a good first step, you can consider other causes. Because food is so easy, and so acceptable, it is a wonderful and simple go-to solution for whatever’s going on beneath the surface. So getting to the root causes of your need to eat is the solution you seek.
Of course you don’t have willpower! Fighting a raging hunger (physical, emotional, spiritual, or a combination thereof) is like taking on a huge monster. Blindfolded. It’s almost impossible to BEAT the hunger. But there are ways to work WITH it more gently. EFT tapping is an evidence-based approach to gently clearing out whatever is keeping us stuck, whether it’s unhelpful beliefs or unhealthy habits. Another plus is that tapping can help you garner the motivation to make changes, which right now feel totally impossible. And, once you learn to tap, it’s something you can do on your own, whenever you need it.
The fact that you’re reaching out for help shows that you are looking to make changes. I applaud you for taking this first step, and encourage you to take another baby step towards becoming more empowered.
I hope this helps!

Growing

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 4:19 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
Your blood sugar is prob our of whack.
Cortisol too.
It's not emotional, it's neurochemical.
Let go of the guilt and shame and biohack it.

How does one do that?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 5:08 pm
I took bloodwork by the first OB appt and was almost positive they’d call me back that my thyroid or glucose levels were well off the charts. Haven’t heard from them so assuming that’s a good thing.

And thanks for all your kind and understanding replies!!

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 5:26 pm
Maybe instead of trying to eat less, eat more. More fat, more proteins. If your body is more satisfied, hopefully the craving for carbs will go down. And I find it easier to eat the "right" food went hungry than not to eat at all.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 6:40 pm
I’ll try! I really feel yucky and heavy all around. Going to try to take small steps. Thanks for the advice!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise