Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Clean bathtub before bathing or after?
Previous  1  2

Clean the tub before the bath or after?
Before, so you can bathe in a clean tub  
 61%  [ 67 ]
After, so the tub will look clean until next time  
 27%  [ 30 ]
Other  
 11%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 109

4thebooks

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 9:24 am
Both.
We have big windows in our bathroom so it gets dusty very fast.
Clean it before going in and after done using so it’s clean for the next person. Hate when suds stay in the tub and dries out.
I like my tubs shiny and and clean.

amother
Currant

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 9:40 am
amother Crimson wrote:
How is that left? If the shower has good water pressure everything should be washed down the drain.
I think this is a bit ocd.

Disagree. We have excellent water pressure and hand-held sprayers so water can be aimed anywhere and everywhere and simply spraying stuff away doesn't leave it truly clean. Just like when you wash your hands simply holding them under a running faucet isn't good enough. We use soap and rub our hands together. Same sort of idea.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 1:19 pm
once the dirt in the tub dries it's much harder to clean. any grime or leftover soap needs scrubbing once it dries. so I rinse the bath thoroughly with hottest water after every bath.

so I don't clean before kids or I go into the tub. I will sometimes stand my kids in the tub and rinse their feet and drain the water then fill the tub for bathing.

and yes, I'm the "crazy one" that let's her kids share water sometimes. we all have our own "things".

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 1:31 pm
amother Crimson wrote:
Didnt realize this was something people did.

I dont clean it before or after.

And my barhtub does not get dusty after every use.

Same. My husband cleans the tub once a week. I can’t relate to this thread at all

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 1:34 pm
amother Currant wrote:
Well, if it isn't clean (and for me that means perfectly sparkling clean), then definitely before. And really it should be cleaned after as well so it will be clean already for the next bath. Except if it's a tub/shower combo, and people are mostly showering there, it's not going to be helpful to clean after bathing because it will just get dirty from all the showering. So in that case just before bathing. In a tub that's only a tub, ideally before and after.

What’s the difference between showering and bathing? Everyone should wipe down after they use it. Young kids, I clean after myself.

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 1:46 pm
My bathroom and tub gets deep cleaned on a daily basis. Tub gets rinsed between each kids use but afterwards gets a deep clean until it is used on the next day.

amother
Stonewash

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 4:51 pm
Our bathroom has too many windows and gets very dusty. I clean it before I bath and rinse it after.

amother
Sand

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 4:58 pm
I feel very dysfunctional right now. Maybe it gets clean once a month? Less even? I don't know.

I don't have cleaning help and cleaning the bath tub isn't a priority....I spray it with hot water and hope for the best I guess.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry