Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Yaakov of Boro Park for Chasidish neutral family
Previous  1  2

amother
Almond

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:08 pm
Fwiw the preschool is very heimish. The teachers use a lot of Yiddish words. Coming from a not Yiddish speaking family they asked my then 2YO a lot of questions with Yiddish words at the interview (like hentelech etc).

And they are a community school but they also try to put their foot down so you have to sign the tznius rules for mom etc whether they stick to it for everyone or not I can’t tell. It depends on the principal and the family but I know people who’ve been called down to “discuss” issues such as short skirts or long wigs.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 10:14 pm
Gan Yisroel is pretty neutral heimish

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 11:41 pm
amother Gray wrote:
exactly. most of that type left to Monsey or Toms River. I sound alot like you ( pretty much discontinued model) I was thrilled with the atmosphere in Bais Yaakov. You only have a handful of very modern girls. alot teachers are very heimish and chasidish. the learning I think is all in hebrew and they teich english from artscroll chumash but otherwise a great school. If only they had anything remotely simaliar in Lakewood
ditto, ditto.... I miss bybp so much
Can't for the life of me figure out why a simaliar school can't open in Lakewood.
and no there isn't...

Depends what you define modern.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 11:43 pm
amother Almond wrote:
Fwiw the preschool is very heimish. The teachers use a lot of Yiddish words. Coming from a not Yiddish speaking family they asked my then 2YO a lot of questions with Yiddish words at the interview (like hentelech etc).

And they are a community school but they also try to put their foot down so you have to sign the tznius rules for mom etc whether they stick to it for everyone or not I can’t tell. It depends on the principal and the family but I know people who’ve been called down to “discuss” issues such as short skirts or long wigs.

Walk into any parent gathering. A large large percentage wears very long wigs.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics