Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Rebbi tutor-how much $$?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 7:33 am
Just to clarify to everyone, my son is really great! He doesn’t even need tutoring. Honestly, the only reason I’m doing this, though, is because during the summer there’s obviously less learning, and I want to keep him up to his level. He also really likes this Rebbi, and I want to know if I should pay him $60 for an hour? Or $75? Or $100? I’m not sure what is the right amount

amother
Midnight

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 7:37 am
I think it depends on how much the Rebbe is charging.

amother
Midnight

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 7:38 am
amother OP wrote:
It’s OK, no apologies needed! My son is in second grade and he really loves his Rebbi Which is why I asked him To tutor. Where is your son located? Maybe my son can use him as well
Brooklyn.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 11:22 am
Anyone know who my husband can reach out to in Lakewood to get tutoring jobs for older boys? He taught post highschool boys for many years but not in Lakewood

dena613

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 11:34 am
Just ask the rebbi whats HIS going rate.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 12:19 pm
250 an hour is extortion.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 4:41 pm
amother Midnight wrote:
Brooklyn.

Should I PM u?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 4:42 pm
amother Midnight wrote:
I think it depends on how much the Rebbe is charging.

I asked him this, and he told me pay me whatever you can. He’s really really nice.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 4:43 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:
250 an hour is extortion.

No. It is not.

As long as a tutor is upfront about the full cost of his time before the session a parent can decide if they want to use him or if they want to use someone less expensive. No one is forcing a parent to hire an expensive tutor for their child. There are plenty of tutors that charge a lot less (as a poster posted here her son is looking to tutor for 40$)

A tutor can decide how much his time is worth and how much he wants to charge and a parent can decide if they want to use that tutor or not.

Highstrung

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 4:45 pm
We pay $65/$70 for a half hour of Gemara tutoring . In Monsey . The tutor is considered one of the best in that field.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 4:59 pm
We pay 150/hr (2 kids, 30 min each)
Last year we paid 120 at his request, this yr we upped it on our own. Lakewood.

It's a rebbe we know.

Depending on what child needs, can cost more or less. A SN child will obviously require someone with a degree etc, so will be more.

Harder gemara/older kids r usually more.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 5:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
Just to clarify to everyone, my son is really great! He doesn’t even need tutoring. Honestly, the only reason I’m doing this, though, is because during the summer there’s obviously less learning, and I want to keep him up to his level. He also really likes this Rebbi, and I want to know if I should pay him $60 for an hour? Or $75? Or $100? I’m not sure what is the right amount

If you can easily afford to $100/hour sounds really nice and reasonable based on most responses here if not then you can do a lower rate.

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 11:50 am
amother OP wrote:
Should I PM u?
we are both anonymous here so I dont think it will work. Would you like a mod to connect us together ?

LALA2

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 3:51 pm
to the imamother who posted that her son would do it for $40, I would be interested. My son needs a chavrusa. Pls PM me. We can only do virtual or phone though. Thanks
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics