Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Baltimore housing market
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 28 2023, 6:42 am
what neighborhoods are good for a yeshivish/JPF young family?

amother
Bergamot

Post Fri, Jul 28 2023, 6:46 am
amother Black wrote:
The first and last link are not what I'd consider in the "middle of the community". They're on the edge, and personally they're too close to the hood for my liking.

Rusk and Stuart are nowhere near the hood. Beautiful quite neighborhood

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Jul 28 2023, 6:55 am
amother Bergamot wrote:

Those two links are actually street names are extensions of the ones in the frum community. The Rusk Ave. one is not in the frum community. The Stuart Ave. is right near the fire station on Glen which is a drop off to the side, but happens to be a beautiful block.Not sure why no one has moved over there yet

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, Jul 28 2023, 7:40 am
amother Bergamot wrote:

Except someone was held up in front of his house on rusk. But that's Baltimore

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 05 2023, 11:45 pm
What are good neighborhoods to live in?
How much is a great price

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 8:04 am
amother OP wrote:
What are good neighborhoods to live in?
How much is a great price

Many, anywhere in the frum community. Depending on who you are, you may be more comfortable in more specific locations.
And price also varies on neighborhood

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 9:44 pm
why don't they expand the eruv to 21207? There are very nice houses.

BasKol

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 6:37 pm
Curious to hear thoughts on the following. Which area would you recommend for a Modern Orthodox couple coming from NYC, middle aged (kids have all graduated, so schools are irrelevant) and that can afford a house up to $800k.

Most focused on access to MO shuls and safety.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 6:42 pm
BasKol wrote:
Curious to hear thoughts on the following. Which area would you recommend for a Modern Orthodox couple coming from NYC, middle aged (kids have all graduated, so schools are irrelevant) and that can afford a house up to $800k.

Dumbarton or Lightfoot/Carla area might be a good fit for you!
But this is Baltimore. BH all hashkafic types peacefully live on all blocks together.

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 6:45 pm
Dumbarton and daven at Suburban Orthodox (Rabbi Silber; he is incredible)

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 6:59 pm
Agree. Dambarton

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 1:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
what neighborhoods are good for a yeshivish/JPF young family?

Bump

amother
Green

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 2:02 pm
Pikesville is a Jewish area.

justforfun87

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 2:04 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
Bump

So not sure about other communities but Baltimore is like one big square and everyone is mixed in together on the streets. No particular area for different flavors of people. It is a pretty cohesive area. In fact MOST people move to areas based on the shuls. Recommendation is to rent for a year and see with what shul you connect. It is cheaper taxes and better benefits to live in County but City is cheaper houses usually. The city and county are streets from eachother.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 3:01 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
So not sure about other communities but Baltimore is like one big square and everyone is mixed in together on the streets. No particular area for different flavors of people. It is a pretty cohesive area. In fact MOST people move to areas based on the shuls. Recommendation is to rent for a year and see with what shul you connect. It is cheaper taxes and better benefits to live in County but City is cheaper houses usually. The city and county are streets from eachother.

I agree with this fully. Rent first and find the shul that you love. You’ll find your crowd.

amother
Cerulean

Post Yesterday at 12:46 am
amother Camellia wrote:
Except someone was held up in front of his house on rusk. But that's Baltimore

Who? I don't believe this - I live very close - it's a dead end, very quiet street. There are frum folks moving into this area, slowly, and non-frum Jewish families all around too. A shuls within walking distance.

amother
Cerulean

Post Yesterday at 12:52 am
BasKol wrote:

BT is the largest Modern Orthodox shul in the country, thus near there would make sense. MMAE is also Modern Orthodox. With a $800K budget, I'd look in the Quarry Lake area, which is near BT. Or along the Old Court / Stevenson Rd. corridors nearby.

amother
Blonde

Post Yesterday at 1:56 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
Who? I don't believe this - I live very close - it's a dead end, very quiet street. There are frum folks moving into this area, slowly, and non-frum Jewish families all around too. A shuls within walking distance.

Unfortunately it is true. And carjacked too. It was a while back.

amother
Blonde

Post Yesterday at 2:04 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
BT is the largest Modern Orthodox shul in the country, thus near there would make sense. MMAE is also Modern Orthodox. With a $800K budget, I'd look in the Quarry Lake area, which is near BT. Or along the Old Court / Stevenson Rd. corridors nearby.

Quarry Lake isn’t within walking distance of BT.
There aren’t so many choices of houses in the $800k range near BT. There is a house nearby that’s $2mill. If they’re willing to look at a condo they might find one for 800k or less.
Near MMAE there are townhouses for around 500k and up, sometimes there are houses in the 6s or 7s. Baltimore isn’t the cheap little town anymore.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating