Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries
Why the extreme hate for Meghan Markle
Previous  1  2  3

ap

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 7:17 am
Raisin wrote:
I felt very sorry for Meghan initially, I think there were certainly people being unpleasant and also racist to her, but lots of people loved her too.

Once she did that Oprah show I lost a lot of respect. Family is family. Go to therapy, move away, but there is no need for a public spectacle like that.

This! Whyd she do the show? For money?
What was her falling out with her father?

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 7:33 am
Supposedly she fell out with her father because he allowed himself to be papped being fitted for his wedding tuxedo and also IIRC he allowed himself to be interviewed. Pretty ironic and hypocritical, considering both are exactly what Meghan has been doing since she met Harry.

I think the true reason is that she didn't need her father anymore and he is an embarrassingly overweight, not put together looking person who would have spoiled her wedding pictures.

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:51 am
I really liked her when she got married. I've been told that I look like her. (But to be honest I look like a discount version of her. I'm not as slim, my nose isn't as cute, and my hair is still curly. But I still get mad when people claim she isn't pretty. If she isn't pretty, then I'm hideous.)

Then I watched the Oprah interview, and poof, I couldn't like her any longer.

The extreme hate comes from her insistence on making herself relevant while playing the victim.

amother
Starflower

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:59 am
I liked her enough, wasn’t a big fan. Did not dislike her.
And for me too, the Oprah interview was 🙄

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:02 am
The Oprah interview was a shortsighted move. She gained popularity for a couple weeks. But at the end of the day, people that feed the media with trash on their family, get used and thrown away. Sad that Harry can’t see that.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:15 am
amother DarkViolet wrote:
The Oprah interview was a shortsighted move. She gained popularity for a couple weeks. But at the end of the day, people that feed the media with trash on their family, get used and thrown away. Sad that Harry can’t see that.

I don't know why Harry gets a pass on this. Clearly she knows he's ok with his family getting trashed. If he'd made it clear that he respects and loves them and doesn't want to hear her trashing them, I'm sure she'd have been more circumspect in how she talked about them. She knows he's ok with it.

amother
Clover

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:24 am
amother Burgundy wrote:
I don't know why Harry gets a pass on this. Clearly she knows he's ok with his family getting trashed. If he'd made it clear that he respects and loves them and doesn't want to hear her trashing them, I'm sure she'd have been more circumspect in how she talked about them. She knows he's ok with it.

He seemed uncomfortable with it, if you watch the show. I’m not giving him a pass, but it seems obvious he was manipulated and influenced.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:36 am
amother Clover wrote:
He seemed uncomfortable with it, if you watch the show. I’m not giving him a pass, but it seems obvious he was manipulated and influenced.

Sure because it's public ad he knows it's gross.
But I'm sure he trashed them to her all the time, in their private conversations. If he'd have made it clear there are certain lines he won't cross about his family she'd respect that.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries