Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Did you survive First Days?
1  2  3  Next

Did you survive first days?
Yes, of course  
 50%  [ 130 ]
Yes  
 26%  [ 67 ]
I don’t even know, there was too much drama. Someone please save me  
 5%  [ 14 ]
Nope  
 3%  [ 9 ]
It was ok. Not great not awful  
 14%  [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 257

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 5:17 pm
Feel free to say how awesome or awful first days were.

Mine were mostly good. Got some super unnecessary comments on how I parent my kids by my SIL, which is ironic since I hold no respect for her parenting styles. But I was nice and didn’t respond with anything nasty even though I wanted to.

Got to hang out with my new SIL who is a real sweetheart and I’m so happy she joined our family

amother
White

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 5:33 pm
It was INSANELY good 🤩🤩🤩🤩 at home, just the family, had lovely guests just today!! 10/10

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 5:33 pm
amother White wrote:
It was INSANELY good 🤩🤩🤩🤩 at home, just the family, had lovely guests just today!! 10/10

That sounds lovely!! 🥰

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 5:35 pm
Much much harder than I thought it would be. I'm so sad.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 5:39 pm
Thankfully just one seder here. First day of chol hamoed, today, was lively with a family get together at sabba and savtas house with all siblings and grandchildren.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 5:55 pm
Loving it so far! At home, but ate out for 2 meals this set.

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 6:20 pm
Big fight with my dh just before the Chag. We spent the first sedder shearing looks, then a nice kidush on Tuesday and we decided to spend the seccond night just our small family. We prepare everything to have a confortable sedder for adults and kids. However my toddler was very tired and hungry at the beginning of the seder so I struggled with him for about one hour (very loud screaming and he wanted to be bottom naked at the table 😅). My dh waited for me to continue the maggid, and we ended doing the shortest Shulchan Orech ever and eating the aficoman in a hurry just before chatzot. The Hallel was eternal. Dh was falling asleep and getting very hard to concentrate during it.

My little personal conclusion is that we have just a few Pesachim during our life, next year I will do it simpler and try to bring more joy to our family. I will also try to bring simcha to our home during the rest of Pesach. We still have Chol HaMoed, shabbat pesach and two extra YT.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 6:47 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
Big fight with my dh just before the Chag. We spent the first sedder shearing looks, then a nice kidush on Tuesday and we decided to spend the seccond night just our small family. We prepare everything to have a confortable sedder for adults and kids. However my toddler was very tired and hungry at the beginning of the seder so I struggled with him for about one hour (very loud screaming and he wanted to be bottom naked at the table 😅). My dh waited for me to continue the maggid, and we ended doing the shortest Shulchan Orech ever and eating the aficoman in a hurry just before chatzot. The Hallel was eternal. Dh was falling asleep and getting very hard to concentrate during it.

My little personal conclusion is that we have just a few Pesachim during our life, next year I will do it simpler and try to bring more joy to our family. I will also try to bring simcha to our home during the rest of Pesach. We still have Chol HaMoed, shabbat pesach and two extra YT.

Oof that sounds a bit stressful. Hopefully chol hamoed and second days are a vast improvement

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 7:32 pm
By my inlaws in a diff country than we live. So we being here the whole yt. Mil got upset at me erev yt while I was napping ( there was nothing to help) and she let it out at dh. She was annoyed I put in a wash without her permission. Then she tells him not to tell me that she got upset. Not enjoying myself wish I could be home.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 7:44 pm
I am at my parents for the first time in many, many years. I miss my married children who were not able to come along but am so grateful for the opportunity to have Pesach with my parents again.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 8:51 pm
I had a beautiful first days, at my inlaws.
The mil/dil threads gave me new perspective and I tried to offer my help more, express my appreciation more and not take anything my mil says so personally, and remember that she means well.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 9:14 pm
Was overall nice. But long and a little lonely. Was just us. I enjoyed spending time with my kids aside form all their non stop fighting but was craving adult company too. Unfortunately we aren’t able to be with the rest of my siblings/parents bec our family is too large kh.

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 9:16 pm
Was OK. We are by ourselves this year again. Mil went overseas to her kids. My kids don't stop fighting, swearing and telling each other to shut up
I felt like going to my room just to get away from them. I didn't.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 9:35 pm
Was very very difficult.

Parent were here and were horrible guests. It was so bad I ended up going to my room halfway through the seder and crying myself to sleep. I worked so hard and they are so impossible and triggering.

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 9:49 pm
Beautiful BH. I choked up in middle of the seder thinking that while I'm surrounded by my loved ones there are so many yiden in pain either because they lost family members this year or have family in captivity... Was bittersweet!

hodeez

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 9:58 pm
Really good bh. The kids had a great time!

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 10:00 pm
Was nice just a little hard watching all my nephews same age as my son show off their projects from school and sing the same holiday songs and be able to participate in the seder while my son had none (he goes to a government special ed school)I tired to teach him some things but he didnt chap Sad but felt touched when my mil brought out one her kids old hagada projects and said DC can use it .. all in all grateful and thankful

tweety1

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 10:31 pm
Feeling sick with probably strep. I'm glad first days are over. Not great but not bad. Probably would've been better had I been feeling better.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 10:42 pm
All the work that lead up to it made me feel like such a champion when I actually made it to the Seder. Family/guests were a mixed bag but overall a beautiful chag!

Frumomsi

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 10:51 pm
We had wonderful guest and with just super minor exceptions, I was able to shep nachas and feel the hard work was worthwhile. That was my goal so thank you Hashem!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics