Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
What the candidates believe

chavamom

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 10:55 am
Since it's really hard to figure out what the candidates really stand for, there are a few interesting links to check out: www.factcheck.org . It's a non-partisan organization that investigates the claims made by candidates about themselves and about their opposition. Very interesting to see how much spin and "half-truths" there are out there. CNN is also doing a fact-check of both candidates "closing argument" speeches. Take a look and see which candidate has a problem with being a "straight talker".

chavamom

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 11:37 am
So many hits for threads repeating internet rumors and only 9 for one suggesting something CONSTRUCTIVE! Hmmm.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 12:54 pm
Er...um...sorry, Chavamom. I stopped by because I thought this was going to be about Obama worshipping Satan while wearing ladies' underwear and eating babies. I would never have clicked on it had I known it was boooooring.

Catch you later!

cassandra

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 1:32 pm
I clicked around the site and had a hard time finding information about the actual issues and instead I found debunking of commercials and Internet rumors. Thankfully I don't have friends or family who send me conspiracy theory e-mails (or any political e-mails for that matter) and I don't live in a state where either candidate buys media time so I have been immune to what the web site seems to deal with.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics