Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Woman carries fetus for 46 years (not 4u shaklee!!)
Previous  1  2

GAMZu

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 7:14 pm
It said her pains stopped after a few days and the baby stopped moving. I'm guessing it would have been born alive.

chaylizi

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 8:13 pm
ilovestrollers wrote:
The baby was probably fine back then, but the question is, would the surgeons have been able to take the baby out and keep mom and baby alive?

the bigger problem would have been the placenta, which would have attached itself to her abdomenal organs. the baby probably would have been fine. mom might have been fine if they didn't have to take her organs apart to get the placenta out. this was 1955, not sure how sophisticated OB was back then in morocco.

greentiger

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 10:38 am
chaylizi wrote:
Aidelmom wrote:
dumb question here - if she had agreed to the c-section could she have had a live baby?

if she had paid attention to the fact that pregnancy is 40 weeks & not 40 years, she might have had a chance at it. she sounds like a very unaware person to me. I'm assuming in most countries they know something about having babies?

I am assuming she was aware but there was that bit about her thinking that the baby could stay inside her and protect her?

Aidelmom

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 10:42 am
ShakleeMom wrote:
In order for HER to survive, her body turned the baby into a stone calcified mass, essentially a mummy. So this is not longer a baby. Read the article, it’s not that long.

If you're talking to me - I did read the article and it sounds like others understood what I meant.

Aidelmom

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 10:46 am
GAMZu wrote:
It said her pains stopped after a few days and the baby stopped moving. I'm guessing it would have been born alive.

If so, thats so sad Sad . To look at that peice of stone and think if only she had known better..

supermom

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 2:20 pm
It says in the article that she went into labor and then ran away. Naturally a womans body pushes the baby out no matter if you push or not. Something doesn't click one bit.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 2:51 pm
supermom wrote:
It says in the article that she went into labor and then ran away. Naturally a womans body pushes the baby out no matter if you push or not. Something doesn't click one bit.

It also says that it was ectopic and it popped out of the tube and attached itself to the abdominal wall, maybe thats why it didn't push itself out on its own. weird story.

GAMZu

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 3:06 pm
The baby wasn't in the uterus, but the abdominal cavity. Can't push it out from there.

greentiger

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 3:17 pm
So what was contracting while she was in "labor"?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links