Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why do you do mitzvos?
Previous  1  2

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sat, Jan 03 2009, 9:07 pm
bumpety bu....um reviving

amother

Post Sat, Jan 03 2009, 11:03 pm
Usually I do them because it gives me a sense of productiveness that I did something worthwhile with my day by tuning in and keeping a connection with the Aibishter

TheBeinoni

Post Sun, Jan 04 2009, 1:07 am
I do mitzvot because I feel like they help me become a better person. (That aside from Kabalat Ol, Ahavat Hashem and Yirat Hashem)

RichWithNachas

Post Sun, Jan 04 2009, 2:28 am
A Mitzva is from the word "Tzavsa V'chibur- meaning that H Very Happy ashem commanded us to do the mitzva, and through us keeping it we become connected to Hashem. And the rewards of the Mitzva is that it leads to another Mitzva. The Kavana is important but the essential part is the deed itself. And the more Mitzvos we do brings us to a higher level, and helps us reach higher levels of Kavana.

Every Jew is "the first fruit of Hashem (Bikurim). A jew is higher than the level of mitzvos. because Hashem created a yid in thought even before he created the Torah. We know this because in the Torah it says "tell the Jewish people" " Command the jewish people. How could Hashem say command, tell, unless they already existed before.So therew is a direct connection of a yid and Hashem prior to the receiving of the Torah.

And then there is the connection to a yid and Hashem ,through the torah and the Mitzvos. As a result of fullfilling the Torah and the Mitzvos, we receive a direct revelation that we could not receive otherwise. Until We become totally one with Hashem which we will in the time of the redemption when every person will know Hashem as the waters cover the oceans.
We will be one as a Husband and wife. At Mtan Tora, we became engaged , and in the redemption will be the Nisuim-the marriage, when we will never be seperated again,aforever together.................. Very Happy
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics