Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Shavuous school projects

CS

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 1:21 am
Help - I've been called by my son's teacher who wants me to do a class project for Shavuous. Last year I did individual minature cheesecakes with the class, this year I want something different. They are 7 year old boys, and since I am funding this project, I wanted something not too expensive. All you creative ones out there, please help. Thanks

MMEC123

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 9:43 am
What about "Har Sinai Cupcakes"? They're so cute. I'm trying to remember exactly how you make them... Something along the lines of either bake with them, buy, or prebake plain cupcakes. They can frost them with green etc. Can even add food-colored coconut (green) for grass. Add flowers- icing or sprinkles. Take a wafer cookie, break it in half & stick them in the top to be luchos. I've seen it done with that age before and they loved it.

chen

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 10:00 am
How about making a bouquet of flowers for the house? You can use different colors of styrofoam egg cartons for the petals and green pipe cleaners for the stems.

Or you can make silver flowers by deeply scalloping one edge of a strip of aluminum foil. Burnish the foil by rubbing it with the side of a pencil or a tissue against a hard surface until it curls up on its own. coil the strip into a flower shape and finish with a white or green pipe cleaner.

In Europe there was a custom of making "reyzalach" to decorate the houses for Shavuos. These were paper-cut flowers similar to the "snowflakes" that everyone makes in preschool. Fold a square of colored paper in half horizontally and then vertically. Turn the square sideways so that it looks like a diamond. Fold the right edge of the diamond approximately two thirds of the way over to the left; fold the left edge over to the right (more or less as if you were with folding a letter to place in an envelope.) If this is too thick to cut, just fold the diamond in half laft-to-right. Cut the upper corner into a curve. Cut all the other folded edges into fanciful shapes. Open up and smooth out the resulting lacy circle. Use transparent tape to affix to windows.

red sea

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 10:09 am
My fondest memory for a shavuos project was when I was in pre1a we made butter for shavuos. We all spent time passing that container around and shaking it til it was ready and we all got to bring home a decent amount too.

mamaluv

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 12:39 pm
What you can do that is a lot of fun. Make ice cream. You put some ingredients in a can seal it very very well, and then you shake it well. The kids can toss it around. I'll have to find the ingredients.

nehama

Post Fri, May 26 2006, 12:10 am
Chocolate flowers.

Get a chocolate mold and coloured chocolate. Easy and yummy!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics