Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Formula Question

cdawnr

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 7:26 am
I feel silly even writing this, since this is my fourth kid and they've all been formula fed (I do nto produce enough milk due to surgery, please do not replay with comments about how I should be bfing...I tried, it didn't work.)

While I was in hospital dh bought store brand formula (dairy) which we used these first two weeks. Now I want to switch to Enfamil because I feel more comfortable with aname brand that I've used int he past and because no matter where I am I can get it (although there are slight difference between US and Canada).

I've notice that the baby spits up a little cheesy. He doesn't spit up a lot, but when he does its cheesy and sometimes I think it looks like he may be uncomfortable in the tummy and I amnot sure if that is an issue with dairy formula (#2 was much nicer baby when we switched her to soy!) or improper burping.

Before I open the new cans of Enfamil, I thought I'd get feedback. How do I know if he would be better on soy?

(and why don't I have the braincells to remeber from my other kids!)

Marion

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 7:29 am
I'd consult your physician. Cheesy is more likely to indicate an immature digestive system than a real allergy issues, if that's the question. If I understand correctly there are also hormonal concerns (from the additives?) with soy-based formula that are non-issues with milk-based.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful; my experience is limited.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics