Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
The importance of vaccines!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

goldrose

Post Fri, Jan 06 2012, 2:02 pm
hep B is a std (s-xually transmitted disease). how can a newborn have it??!!

EmesOrNT

Post Fri, Jan 06 2012, 2:39 pm
goldrose wrote:

It can travel through the bloodstream, like if the mom is a carrier. Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, it's hep SEE that's an STD, not hep b.

rydys

Post Sat, Jan 07 2012, 9:39 pm
hep B and C are STDs, but are also bloodborne. Newborns can acquire the disease from the mother during delivery. If the newborn receives the vaccine within 12 hours of birth and immunoglobulin within 24 hours of birth, the risk of the baby becoming ill approaches 0.

nylon

Post Sat, Jan 07 2012, 10:13 pm
rydys wrote:
That looks like an interesting study. 8000 kids is a large group. Do you know where I can find the study itself? All the links are to summaries--I'd like to see the results themselves. Also, I was unable to find the results of the survey on vaccinated children. There are lots of graphs and things about the numbers of unvaccinated kids in this study, but only one small list comparing vaccinated to unvaccinated. Aside from that, I cannot find any information on the numbers of vaccinated kids with these disorders. Simply looking at the rate of these issues in unvaccinated kids does not help me.

Don't bother. It's not worth the electrons it's printed on.

It is self reported, not sponsored by anyone credible, and was done by a homeopath who recruited people off a vaccine injury site. It is completely meaningless.

EmesOrNT

Post Sat, Jan 07 2012, 10:18 pm
nylon wrote:
rydys wrote:
That looks like an interesting study. 8000 kids is a large group. Do you know where I can find the study itself? All the links are to summaries--I'd like to see the results themselves. Also, I was unable to find the results of the survey on vaccinated children. There are lots of graphs and things about the numbers of unvaccinated kids in this study, but only one small list comparing vaccinated to unvaccinated. Aside from that, I cannot find any information on the numbers of vaccinated kids with these disorders. Simply looking at the rate of these issues in unvaccinated kids does not help me.

Don't bother. It's not worth the electrons it's printed on.

It is self reported, not sponsored by anyone credible, and was done by a homeopath who recruited people off a vaccine injury site. It is completely meaningless.

Most studies involving reasons not to vaccinate children are based on lies.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 07 2012, 10:43 pm
I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not. A very good and informative non opinionated book out there is Dr.Sears The Vaccine Book. I read it and am much more clarified as to which vaccines can be pushed off which ones are more of a threat and which ones are totally not necessary.

Before vaccinating or not vaccinating take your childs overall health into consideration, ex: a compromised immune system, be educated and do what is best, not just doing what your neighbor said and what you may read somewhere on the internet.

seeker

Post Sat, Jan 07 2012, 11:37 pm
goldrose wrote:

If they CV need a blood transfusion for any reason... they TRY to control the quality of blood products but errors can happen and bad diseases can slip through.

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 12:33 am
amother wrote:
I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not. A very good and informative non opinionated book out there is Dr.Sears The Vaccine Book. I read it and am much more clarified as to which vaccines can be pushed off which ones are more of a threat and which ones are totally not necessary.

Before vaccinating or not vaccinating take your childs overall health into consideration, ex: a compromised immune system, be educated and do what is best, not just doing what your neighbor said and what you may read somewhere on the internet.

I also read the Dr. Sears book and found it very balanced and consistent with my independent (albeit amateur) research. It's rather old but he does post updates on the website.

lilacdreams

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 1:44 am
seeker wrote:
goldrose wrote:

If they CV need a blood transfusion for any reason... they TRY to control the quality of blood products but errors can happen and bad diseases can slip through.

this is not a reason to vaccinate hep b. If your child cv needs a transfusion so then vaccinate!! If your child does not need a blood trans, then there is little reason to do this on a newborn!

EmesOrNT

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 1:46 am
lilacdreams wrote:
seeker wrote:
goldrose wrote:

this is not a reason to vaccinate hep b. If your child cv needs a transfusion so then vaccinate!! If your child does not need a blood trans, then there is little reason to do this on a newborn!

And you take full responsibility that the nurses use all sterile products? No dirty needles cv? If the hospital staff feels it's necessary, then it is. Besides, what's the worst that could happen?

lilacdreams

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 1:51 am
why don't we debate one vax at a time rather than 'all vaxes' against 'none'.
I am happy to start....with Mumps.
why should my daughter get the mumps vaccination? The disease itself has no bad long lasting effects on females. The only reason girls get it is so they don't infect boys. why is it my duty to put my kid at possible risk of the vax complications so that someone else's son doesn't get it? Anyway its likely that that someone's son already had the vax (because most ppl do vax Mumps) so again - why do I need to give my daughter mumps?
A couple of things to keep in mind:
1.vaxes only last about 10 years, whereas if my daughter gets it she will be immune for life
2. Even though a child gets the vax, it does not mean s/he will be immune - some kids resist immunity, and will still get the disease.
Please lets keep it civil.

EmesOrNT

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 1:53 am
so you're willing to put tons of other kids at risk because you don't feel it's necessary? How selfish.

As my doctor said, it's fine for parents to choose not to vaccinate, but go live on a commune.

lilacdreams

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 2:08 am
emesornt wrote:
lilacdreams wrote:
seeker wrote:
goldrose wrote:

And you take full responsibility that the nurses use all sterile products? No dirty needles cv? If the hospital staff feels it's necessary, then it is. Besides, what's the worst that could happen?

itss a STD meaning you can only get it from HAVING SEKS (ie The virus is transmitted by exposure to infectious blood or body fluids such as semen and vaginal fluids)Hepatitis B viruses cannot be spread by holding hands, sharing eating utensils or drinking glasses, kissing, hugging, coughing, sneezing, or breastfeeding. (I have references if you want). Have you ever seen a nurse using dirty equipment/2nd hand needles? ANd let's say she did...from where did she get it? The needle would have to come from an adult who was using it for druggie purposes - I also don't think there are many ppl shooting up in the newborns nursery, then leaving the needle around, only to be picked up by a nurse and uses it on a newborn - its just too many 'what iifs' which make an impossible scenario.
I have never seen a case of a newborn baby catching hep B from a nurse - pls show me if there is!
Truth be told I am not against this vax - but I don't think its necessary for a newborn - its more appropriate for kids who are becoming of age where they may have seksual contact.

lilacdreams

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 2:16 am
emesornt wrote:
so you're willing to put tons of other kids at risk because you don't feel it's necessary? How selfish.

As my doctor said, it's fine for parents to choose not to vaccinate, but go live on a commune.

why is your child at risk? you said you vaccinate?

EmesOrNT

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 2:29 am
Herd immunity.

lilacdreams

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 2:47 am
not sure what your point is, why is your child at risk if you vaccinate?

EmesOrNT

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 2:51 am
Because nonvaxxers weaken the herd immunity. Google it.

Inspired

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 3:02 am
You can look it up yourself but the ONLY reason it is standard to give newborns Hep B (an STD) vax is in case the mother is a crack wh*** (or similar) who has had no prenatal testing or care and carries hep b, and can then potentially pass it on to her newborn. To cover this scenario they routinely vaccinate all newborns with the hep B vaccine immediately at birth. You can read the reasoning for yourself on policy websites for the CDC or something - I don't remeber exactly, but something like that. IMO that is not a good reason for MY newborn to get the vaccine. I am not endangering anybody becasue my 5 minute old baby is not vaccinated for an STD with vaccine intended for crack wh*** babies.
The stated reason for children to get the chicken pox vaccine is so parents can miss less workdays. that was definitely on the CDC website.
If you believe so strongly in doing something at least know the REAL reason you are doing it! Do your research and let other parents do theirs.

lilacdreams

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 3:05 am
I know what herd immunity is, I just wasn't sure what your point was. Even so, my responsibility is towards my child, not the 'herd'. We are not animals, we have sechel and understanding of consequences - ie if my child gets mumps she will not be seriously ill - it is a mild illness and she will be immune for life. If I vax her for a mild illness she may not be immune anyway, or only for about 10 years, and I will have introduced into her body a whole load of 'stuff' that may or may not cause reactions and complications, especially when given with other vaxes (measles and rubella). DO you atleast understand my point on this? As a 'ps' I have had mumps - it was not so bad. (but that is just anecdotal for now.)

Inspired

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 3:35 am
I also hadmumps and ITA.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics