Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Controlled Crying

Hashems Princess

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 2:30 am
has anyone tried it. im is my wits end, I dont know what to do anymore Crying im so tired, im not able to function during the day. I thought of starting CC, but my DH is very against it. Sad

I need to do something before this baby arrives.

My baby is 13 months and im 16 weeks pregnant.

Thanks girls

helena

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 2:38 am
Hashems Princess wrote:
has anyone tried it. im is my wits end, I dont know what to do anymore Crying im so tired, im not able to function during the day. I thought of starting CC, but my DH is very against it. Sad

Thanks girls

I can only offer you this Hug Hug , cause I dont have yet children ( I am pregnant:-):-))

Marion

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 2:40 am
Is controlled crying the same as CIO (crying it out)?

Hashems Princess

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 2:47 am
Marion wrote:
Is controlled crying the same as CIO (crying it out)?

Well Im the one crying it out while hearing my baby cry LOL im not sure if its the same thing. basically you leave the baby to settle themselves and not go into their room everytime they cry!! Gosh it does sound cruel Confused

Hashems Princess

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 2:48 am
helena wrote:
Hashems Princess wrote:

Thanks girls

I can only offer you this Hug Hug , cause I dont have yet children ( I am pregnant:-):-))

Thanks weetie. I needed that. LOL

Ba'Sha Tovah on your pregnancy. When are you due? Maybe we can be preggy buddys. LOL

Plonis

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 8:39 am
There are lots of ways to teach your baby to sleep, without making them - or you - cry. (I did it with more than one of mine who had decided to wake up every 45 minutes to an hour to nurse...)

My favorite book on the subject: The No Cry Sleep Solution. The best part about it is that it is not ONE solution, it is a bunch of suggestions - you choose what you think will work for you. (I get annoyed by books that pretend that everyone works the same.)

Some of the main points:

- Babies wake up regularly (briefly) at night. But they CAN learn to fall back asleep on their own.

- The main reason why babies DON'T fall asleep on their own is because they have a "sleep association" - something that they think they need to have in order to fall asleep - rocking, nursing, singing, a bottle, or whatever.

- Crying it out is a traumatic way of breaking the sleep association (some people call it "replacing the sleep association with crying alone in a dark room").

- A gentle way to break the sleep association is to learn to stop shortly before the baby is asleep. I.e. rock the cradle until she is ALMOST, but not quite asleep. If baby whimpers, rock again for a few seconds (I do 15-one-thousand usually), then stop again. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Eventually baby falls asleep WHILE THE CRADLE IS NOT BEING ROCKED. (or while they are not being nursed, or whatever)

- You can also create an atmosphere that is conducive to sleep starting an hour or so before you want her to go to sleep - darken lights, quieter house, etc.

Read the book for more details, but rest assured that it can work! In my case I saw results within a week, others need 2 weeks or longer to get baby sleeping 5 hour stretches.

Hatzlacha Raba and besha'a tova!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics